John Hammon

Permanent glowsticks.

After seeing the recent update involving glowsticks, I tried them out and noticed they disappear after a certain amount of time. I propose am permanent version that doesn't disappear so you can have more of a lighted cave type thing. I envision sticking the lights to the ceiling and having the entire cave lit that way. For the permanent version, it would be a more permanent resource (maybe glass?) and cost more bytes possibly (3,000?). I believe they would be a great feature for those who want to light things with something more along the lines of glowsticks, but not wire work lights all over the place.

I have researched the new glowsticks, but have not crafted any of them yet. Can you give me an idea of how long they glow? I'm trying to determine whether it will be worth it to make any for use during cave exploration.

51 minutes ago, John Hammon said:

I tried them out and noticed they disappear after a certain amount of time.

1 hour ago, John Hammon said:

After seeing the recent update involving glowsticks, I tried them out and noticed they disappear after a certain amount of time. I propose am permanent version that doesn't disappear so you can have more of a lighted cave type thing. I envision sticking the lights to the ceiling and having the entire cave lit that way. For the permanent version, it would be a more permanent resource (maybe glass?) and cost more bytes possibly (3,000?). I believe they would be a great feature for those who want to light things with something more along the lines of glowsticks, but not wire work lights all over the place.

And color options?
And shape options?
Could be in the shape of arrows?
Maybe we could craft some type of stand they could be placed on?
And maybe just give a nod to the future, the fact that this game is supposedly taking place hundreds of years into the future. Could we have something with a little more flexibility or purpose than a 1990's glow stick? 

I am SO suffering from darkness of caves and of the night ow! yes to more permanent lights of any type please, with warm color and not too bright (like floodlight heh) but which will contribute more to visibility :)

They're temporary and meant to be used as bread crumbs (as oppose to dropping Beacons everywhere) but folks will definitely find other uses for them. Adding new colours, shapes, and intensities makes a lot of sense for ways to update them in future updates. 

On 9/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, SES_Adam said:

They're temporary and meant to be used as bread crumbs (as oppose to dropping Beacons everywhere) but folks will definitely find other uses for them. Adding new colours, shapes, and intensities makes a lot of sense for ways to update them in future updates. 

More colours, please!

Its called Tethers...

literally...1 Compound for a bunch of oxygen-carrying, power-carrying, light-producing bundles of fun!

except for the fact that their ugly as heck