Ian Lee

Tethers placement

Since the update that added jetpacks tethers cannot be placed on steep inclines using d-pad down on console. They now just fall on the ground and fall down the ramp instead of connecting to the floor like they used to. They now have to be placed manually with the cursor

Was gonna make same post for PC.

Since the 4 Sept 2019 Exploration / Jetpack update the way the Tethers are place has changed...

Quote: 

[AS-6554] - Tethers that were previously disappearing are now spawned in the air next to the player and drop to the ground

Even on flat ground repeating hitting the 'place tether' button puts tethers no longer in the same spot, just random around me...

Attached: 2 tries with the result 

Anyone else has problems with running and placement as well?

teher placement error after 14 Sept Explorer update.png

On 9/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, Ian Lee said:

Since the update that added jetpacks tethers cannot be placed on steep inclines using d-pad down on console. They now just fall on the ground and fall down the ramp instead of connecting to the floor like they used to. They now have to be placed manually with the cursor

Welcome to the forum @Ian Lee! We hope you post and come back often! 

To the stars and beyond!

I've noticed that the tethers are not placing well at all now that the latest update is in.  Never had the kind of problems I'm experiencing now!

Tethers are a real pain to use now.

Also chiming in on this one... tethers used to place just behind the player, meaning any new tethers placed while running and extending beyond the last tether's reach should connect. Not any longer, they either appear beside, behind or slightly in front and to the side; this means very often I lose the tethers off into an abyss or huge chasm I'm creating a bridge over.