Sign in to follow this  
Blackmorecrest

Solar Panels not generating energy

So I started up a file and found that both my Small, medium and Solar Array are not generating any power whatsoever. I've tried placing them on different platforms but that did nothing.

Please email a bug report to Support@SystemEra.net.  Include as much of the following as you can. 

1. Your Save file, found here: 
    C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames
  2. Your specs, you can get these by pressing the Windows key and typing:  
    DxDiag + Enter, save the .txt file somewhere you can find it
  3. A description of your issue(s)
  4. Any images or video you might have that would help explain your issue.

First and foremost, is there sun?  If you're on Atrox, the sun levels there are low.  If on Desolo, the daylight hours are very short (as are the nighttime hours).

Are you at one of the poles of the planet?  It could be there is no direct sunlight since the sun is not high enough in the sky.

Are they underground?  I know this sounds stupid to ask, but it had to be asked.  Obviously, they won't work (correctly) underground.

Terrain matters.  If you're next to a mountain, its shadow can impact light availability to a panel.  Same with gateway chambers.

Do the medium panels open up or remain closed?  If closed, they are not receiving enough light to activate.

Are the small and medium panels properly attached to the platform(s)?  Make sure you the rubber skirt on the bottom of the medium panel is not present, and that you can't see the cable connections on the small arrays.