SES_joe

The Exploration Update - September 4th, 2019

13 hours ago, Cpt. Shadows said:

Can you please make autosave a thing? 

*G*, case in point! This has been requested so many times that they can't be counted by any one human. Just how is this not a thing already? I mean, the people at SES play the game right? So, when they lost hours of playing time, not once, not one staff person thought, "I should bring this up at a meeting and get this into the game." Of all the staff that play the game for hours and hours and hours, not once has anyone lost some progress? 

*G*, can you see where logic and myths just don't jive? So in all the hours upon hours the staff has put into playing the game, never happened to anyone but us? What game in this genre(s) does not have a autosave option? It is 2019. 2019. 

IMHO, this is in part what happens when there is no story or story line. Update after update doesn't have any cohesiveness at all. It wanders aimlessly and follows whims rather than taking its cues from those that put them in the positions they are in now, us customers. We went from purple things we have all used just once to beachball soccer to picture hoop racing. 
The game sure has gotten away from its roots hasn't it? And ya'll thought you were buying a crafting, exploring game set in the future didn't you? Surprise! We be all about the beachball soccer picture hoop racing now! 

And as we all know, opinions are like butt holes, in that, we all have one! So share yours!
Your opinion that is! 🤙:D🤸‍♂️

On 9/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Mak-a-Face said:

Why are you still wasting your time with SES. They aren't listening, so move on.

Thats rude. I think they are doing great upates and im always playing co-op so its lots of fun for me.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:46 PM, vvhorus said:

There might be something wrong with the Playstation Store...

two of my Soil Centrifuge have resin inside after the update and they won't come out. both useless. have to built a third one. Nive fix!!

Capture.JPG

On 9/5/2019 at 12:21 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

anyone has problems with the soil centrifuge? built three all three not popping the materials out.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:06 PM, Kalico said:

No fix for desynced worlds in multiplayer? I find it next to impossible to play a game from PC with my brother on Xbox without major world sync issues. I would think this was serious enough to be tackled ASAP as compared to pushing to another platform already.

This fix needs to be THE top priority, especially with a PS4 launch looming in the horizon.

And I concur with @The Touch of Grey Gameron the one-and-done items in the game, and the weird and impractical choices for game additions, especially with a sub-forum full of suggestions and ideas.

Crafting stuff to see them once and never use them or to do the same thing over and over (like different shaped storage units or the so-called "recreational items") is kind of pointless. Give us new mechanics, new goals, new activities, new missions, new things to look forward to. A hoop is not one of them. And for G*d's sake, fix the da*n terrain desync already!

Edited by vvhorus

I love the jetpacks! Super great!

In caves, not so much. They occupy the slots for the lights and well, its like dark in caves. So when I'm carrying the medium storage silo and using the jetpacks, whilst in a cave....TOGG not happy. Add that with the new tether issue and I'm finding caves not as much fun. 
If, if however the lights were in the helmet, then I could see in caves and I would have lighted flight! Just sayin 🤩

On 9/7/2019 at 9:34 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

IMHO, this is in part what happens when there is no story or story line. Update after update doesn't have any cohesiveness at all. It wanders aimlessly and follows whims rather than taking its cues from those that put them in the positions they are in now, us customers. We went from purple things we have all used just once to beachball soccer to picture hoop racing. 
The game sure has gotten away from its roots hasn't it? And ya'll thought you were buying a crafting, exploring game set in the future didn't you? Surprise! We be all about the beachball soccer picture hoop racing now!

Didn't you get the memo? Beach balls and hoops are now standard space explorer gear.

You are absolutely right. With every new update the game is deviating from its roots, as you so eloquently expressed it. Instead of a cartography system we have space buggy soccer. It seems like Exo Dynamics cares more about recreational activities than actual space exploration and the well-being of its Astroneers...

2 hours ago, vvhorus said:

Didn't you get the memo? Beach balls and hoops are now standard space explorer gear.

You are absolutely right. With every new update the game is deviating from its roots, as you so eloquently expressed it. Instead of a cartography system we have space buggy soccer. It seems like Exo Dynamics cares more about recreational activities than actual space exploration and the well-being of its Astroneers...

I think there is a near perfect foundation for making a really good story out of this. We potentially have two opposing sides; EXO Dynamics & the Aliens with us Astroneers caught in the middle. 
I would rather the game go in that direction rather than the games we received the past two updates. 

Here's a novel idea. How about you fix the Co-op issues with the game instead of keeping on adding things to it? Maybe fix the issue where you get glitched permanently into vehicles, exit the game to reset, and lose absolutely everything on you astronaut upon reload. I've been trying to play since beta. Come back every update and play with a buddy. Put about the same amount of time each time around before we put it down because same shit different day. I'm sick of losing my stuff, losing rockets, losing vehicles, losing stuff I have worked HOURS for. Fix your game.

I like all the new stuff. Didn't play for the last 2 updates.
But this one makes me want to hop into a new game.

But 15.000 bytes for the jet pack? Just.....why?
You think I will grind 15k, when I have already finished everything else?
How about enabling the player to have some fun and good mobility WHILE exploring,
instead of setting it to the very end of the late game?
The flood light was already bad with the necessity to do space travel and 3800 bytes
all in all - for nothing game changing.
And now a 15k wall for something that is basically quality of life and just fun?

19 hours ago, vvhorus said:

To your point...it makes me scratch my head sometimes with what SES does or sometimes what they don't do.
The glowsticks for example. First, they keep forgetting the game is supposed to be taking place 500 years into the future. The glowsticks we have in game now are at least 30 years old, yes? So how, how does that pass any internal bar for "500 years into the future?" Isn't someone asking, "Is that design 500 years into the future?"
It's like printing a camera that does not need glass. It just shows me SES and I have a different understanding and appreciation of the definition of 'details'. Second, we've been begging for some type of cartography or map etc. for years now. So you want glowsticks? Ok fine, can you futureise them? Why couldn't a new machine have been made that would have allowed us to craft the glowsticks into different shapes? Possibly different colors? A possible use for different color soils by having the soil add the color? 

To your point about EXO, I posted somewhere else that I wish that SES would expand on that. I don't think I need to see the Aliens or any beings from EXO. I think the tasks, the achievements, the goals that EXO sets forth and the different ways the Aliens try to prevent us from achieving those (tasks, goals, achievements) would work perfectly.  

Signed up just to post here and say 2 things:

1: I'm absolutely addicted to Astroneer, this game is so much fun!!!

2: The crashes are seriously bumming me out 😥. I'm running a 1080Ti, 16GB RAM, 3440x1440p @ 100Hz, and playing the Win 10 (game Pass version). I think it's crashing about every 30 min for me, so I'm constantly jumping on my tractor to save and reloading and reloading and reloading as I play. I feel the lack of exclusive fullscreen is somewhat to blame for this, but I could be wrong. Is there a way of viewing my crash logs with the Win 10 version as I've tried the methods mentioned online, but I simply don't have the folder C:\Users\"ME"\AppData\Local\Astroneer ???

On 9/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, Shabazza said:

But 15.000 bytes for the jet pack? Just.....why?
You think I will grind 15k, when I have already finished everything else?
How about enabling the player to have some fun and good mobility WHILE exploring,
instead of setting it to the very end of the late game?

I agree. I feel both the new Jump Pack AND the new Jet Pack are a bit overpriced in terms of bytes. Both should be cheaper in Bytes, so that we can get to use them earlier on when their function would really be a benefit.

Hi, I am having a very odd problem with this update. Ever since I updated, the game won't work offline. I'm on PC and I downloaded it from the Microsoft store. Microsoft can't even help me. Is there a way I could possibly downgrade from the update?

Edited by 1NS4N1TY