SES_joe

The Exploration Update - September 4th, 2019

Astroneer_Jetpack.jpg

Steam players should receive this update today, September 4th, 2019.
Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players can also expect this to hit their consoles or windows 10 machines today, September 4th, 2019.

Hello Astroneers! This month's update is a fun one! We are finally adding jetpacks to the game! We hope you all have fun flying around planets and getting higher and further than you ever have explored before! Also, ICYMI: Astroneer is coming to PS4 on November 15th, 2019! You can pre-order the game right now digitally, and, we will have physical versions on both PS4 and Xbox for sale on that same day! Pre-Order links:

Now for the patch notes:

UPDATES

New objects have been added to the game!

Hydrazine Jet Pack

• Provides sustained direction thrust, consumes hydrazine. 
  • Printed from: Backpack
  • Resource Cost: 1 Titanium Alloy
  • Byte Cost: 15,000

Solid-Fuel Jump Jet

• Provides additional boost when jumping, limited time usage.
  • Resource Cost: 1 Aluminium Alloy
  • Byte Cost: 5,000

Small Camera

• Takes instant photograph when slotted, delayed when placed on the ground.
  • Resource Cost: 1 Steel
  • Byte Cost: 2,500

Glowsticks

• An inexpensive illumination device that is used to provide temporary guidance for 15 minutes before expiring. 
  • Resource Cost: 1 Organic 
  • Byte Cost: 350

Field Shelter

• Packable shelter that creates a new save and spawn point.
  • Printed from: Small Printer
  • Resource Cost: 1 Silicone , 1 Graphene
  • Byte Cost: 8,000

Reaction Slots 
Special slots are now available on the new Hoop platforms, Arch Platform, and Ring Storage. When a platform is triggered by a Player or Ball (zebra, beach, recreational sphere), it will activate any item that is attached. 

Large Hoop Platform A

• Recreational Item
  • Printed from: Medium Printer
  • Resource Cost: 1 Aluminium Alloy, 1 Copper, 1 Ceramic
  • Byte Cost: 4,000

Large Hoop Platform B

• Recreational Item
  • Resource Cost: 1 Aluminium Alloy, 1 Steel, 1 Copper
  • Byte Cost: 6,000

Large Storage Ring 

• Recreational Item
  • Resource Cost: 1 Aluminium Alloy, 2 Ceramic
  • Byte Cost: 2,500 

Extra Large Arch Platform

• Recreational Item
  • Printed from: Large Printer
  • Resource Cost: 2 Steel, 2 Titanium
  • Byte Cost: 7,000

Updated the art of the following objects to match the current art style

• Chemistry Lab
  • Crane 
  • Small Battery
  • Medium Battery
  • Large Seat
  • Medium Wind Turbine
  • Trade Platform
  • Winch

QUALITY OF LIFE

These “Quality of Life” issues have been addressed in this update.

• Players can now manually toggle the orientation of the Medium Storage.
  • Lowered the volume on deform noises so that players can hear the notification pings 
  • Reduced the cost of the Hydrazine Thruster Recipe to:  1 Tungsten & 1 Steel

BUGFIXES

The following bugs have been fixed as of version 1.4.15

General

• [AS-7447] - Platforms will no longer sink into the ground if terrain around them is manipulated in anyway
  • [AS-6385] - Large Rover will no longer fall through the ground when the terrain tool is used around it or when a drill is active. 
  • [AS-7986] - Tooltip for the broken Large Platform B now says Detritus as expected.
  • [AS-7876] - Audio Listener position works properly on spherical worlds
  • [AS-7872] - LOD for some aspects of the trade platform have been extended.
  • [AS-7870] - Small battery no longer has overlapping plugs.
  • [AS-7795] - The Odd Stone on the Gateway Station now has proximity highlight for controller players.
  • [AS-7789] - Both the Large Storage Silo A and Large Storage Silo B can now be shredded in the T4 shredder.
  • [AS-7785] - Soil Centrifuge now returns resources to upright position after extracting soil, even when there are no slots for the resources to be placed on.
  • [AS-7782] - Gateway station now has correct mouse-over UI in orbital view, even after flying to and from several planets.
  • [AS-7735] - Changes made to customization options when both users have their customization menus open are now reflected to each other.
  • [AS-7732] - Modules are now able to automatically pull resources from the Large Storage Silo A and Large Storage Silo B.
  • [AS-7725] - All decorators on Desolo now giving players organic when harvested.
  • [AS-7555] - All three printers will now swap out the proper quantities of resources when switching between two items that require different amounts of the same ingredient to print. 
  • [AS-6925] - XL Platform B’s oxygen indicator is now only on when the platform is actually connected to oxygen
  • [AS-6554] - Tethers that were previously disappearing are now spawned in the air next to the player and drop to the ground.
  • [AS-5042] - Wind vanes and decorators now have synced wind response to wind streaks.
  • [AS-4384] - Repackager and Dynamite are both more closely oriented to the item they are attached to.

Multiplayer

• [AS-7787] - Research Chamber appears as expected for client when they leave relevance then to it. 
  • [AS-7552] - Resources deposits will no longer disappear from client's perspective occasionally.
  • [AS-6705] - Client is now able to use Soil Centrifuge if they have left the area and returned. 

Thanks for reading friends! Just a few final words:

1. PS4 pre-orders are live! You can pre order the game digitally and in physical versions using the following links:

2. Reiterating this one: we are really excited to announce that we have partnered up with Party City and Amscan to produce TWO Astroneer suit costumes for Halloween this year! You will be able to find them at participating Party City locations and online! You can pre order them RIGHT NOW online for yourself or the young ones in your life so they can be the coolest space explorer this Halloween! We have already seen a few of these out in the wild and couldn't be more excited.

3. Also, we posted a vlog this week! Make sure you watch for details about dedicated servers! 

Thanks for reading and talk soon!

-jt

3 minutes ago, Gina said:

@DReaMoR in Discord Joe mentioned that he's working on pre-orders for EU. 

Great, but imho, he should said that here as well. The world is bigger then the usa :D Ofcourse no problem at all, cos release is still far away.

Edited by DReaMoR

1 hour ago, SES_joe said:

Large Rover will no longer fall through the ground when the terrain tool is used around it or when a drill is active. 

Hope this means the tractor and medium rover too. I had to abandon a save because any vehicle with a drill sank into the ground as soon as it activated. It didn't effect the crane it was only drills attached to rovers/tractor that caused it.

1 hour ago, SES_joe said:

UPDATES

New objects have been added to the game!

Hydrazine Jet Pack

• WTG SES! Very nice indeed

Solid-Fuel Jump Jet

• No thank you. I will never use.

Small Camera

• I have the F12 key, I'm guessing that this would be the only way other platforms can take a photo?

Glowsticks

• I'm eh, about these. I'm not sure I would use them but I'm not sure I wouldn't either. Eh, thus far

Field Shelter

• Very nice addition WTG!

Reaction Slots 
Yeah, no. Unless I'm missing something, which I may very well be, huh? I pass a ball through and a glow stick falls... a firework goes off...please tell me there is more to this, please otherwise F- here

Large Hoop Platform A

• No, no no

Large Hoop Platform B

• The entire game is a recreational item, ugh. So sad so very sad

Large Storage Ring 

• Large storage what? How, is this storage exactly? 

Extra Large Arch Platform

• I've got not a clue on this one, not a clue. Why would I ever use this? What need does it fill?

No mention of the Large T Platform 

Updated the art of the following objects to match the current art style

• Chemistry Lab
  • Crane 
  • Small Battery
  • Medium Battery
  • Large Seat
  • Medium Wind Turbine
  • Trade Platform
  • Winch
    Ok, I guess

QUALITY OF LIFE

These “Quality of Life” issues have been addressed in this update.

• Players can now manually toggle the orientation of the Medium Storage.
  • Lowered the volume on deform noises so that players can hear the notification pings 
  • Reduced the cost of the Hydrazine Thruster Recipe to:  1 Tungsten & 1 Steel
    Ok, but only 3?

BUGFIXES

Multiplayer

All bug fixes good

2. Reiterating this one: we are really excited to announce that we have partnered up with Party City and Amscan to produce TWO Astroneer suit costumes for Halloween this year! You will be able to find them at participating Party City locations and online! You can pre order them RIGHT NOW online for yourself or the young ones in your life so they can be the coolest space explorer this Halloween! We have already seen a few of these out in the wild and couldn't be more excited.

I have no need for either suit however I'm going to buy them both to support the SES team

My overall grades:
Hydrazine Jet Pack = A+
Solid Fuel Jet Pack = D (I'll never use it. Too limited, too not worth it)
Small Camera = A if other platforms can't take pictures. F if they can and this is just another way to take a photo. 
Glow Sticks = Poor man's excuse for a real map/navigation system 
Field Shelter = A+ Spot on!
Hoop A = IMHO, stupid. Made for 8 year olds, there is already far to much of that already in game
Hoop B = obviously, if A was stupid, then B is just redundantly stupid 
Large Storage Ring = F-  IMHO, ugly, does not fit, does not store, just a bad decision brought to life
Large T Platform = It is at least useable compared to the ring, eh, stuff. Could have been made to actually look like a "T" but whatever
Extra Large Arch Platform = What the???? Come on really? This is just, eh, NO!
Art Updates = Eh, doesn't do much for me
Quality of Life = that some were addressed that only 3 were addressed
Bug Fixes = A bug fixes are a billion times better than hoops

H Jet Packs & the Field Shelter are my only A's for sure.
The camera maybe for other platforms otherwise that too is going to get an F
Large "T" platform that is not shaped like a T, the art updates, bug fixes and to a small degree, the quality of life updates are good
The rest, NO, NO, NO, wrong direction. Wrong look. A storage that holds single tier items? HUH? How are we not past single tier storage at this stage of game development? 
Man I had such high hopes.

A couple of really cool things a couple of ok things and the rest is just NO NO NO bad bad bad. I get that you are trying to salvage that mistake of a mistake (beach ball soccer game) but adding hoops to have balls go through to have a firework go off, it is just not going to save it that disaster. It is going to get old real fast for everyone over the age of 8. Yeah yeah I get it but I can jetpack through the hoop! Yippie! How many times before it just gets old and never used again? 
So with the goal (waste) and the Extra Large Arch Platform (bigger waste) we are getting closer and closer to that vehicle bay/garage so many have been asking for, for years now! The time it took to produce those two, we could have had at the very least, the very least a vehicle bay.

I'm not putting the grades on those that did the work, they were forced to. The decision makers get the grades.
This is what I say, what say you? 

No fix for desynced worlds in multiplayer? I find it next to impossible to play a game from PC with my brother on Xbox without major world sync issues. I would think this was serious enough to be tackled ASAP as compared to pushing to another platform already.

I really REALLY hope y’all meant you fixed all the vehicle and platform sinking when terrain is modified anywhere nearby, with terrain tool, or in combination with tool mods applied (such as painting terrain, using Inhibitor to remove decorators, and whatnot). It makes sense y’all would fix it for all vehicles and platforms and not just the large rover, but just want to make sure. I know most folk are wondering about this as well, it’s been a commonly encountered (and frustrating) issue.

While I don’t mind there being recreational-focused objects in the game, and perhaps it’s too early to assess the potential for many of the new items just added (I haven’t even made them myself) it seems many of these are best suited for co-op play. First of all, not everyone plays with other people, for a variety of reasons. Secondly, as of right now, co-op still needs some major fixes, the issues with terrain desync being high among them. I’m sure that’s a really difficult thing to tackle, and I know you’re working on it best you can. Still, I agree there’s a lot of focus on the recreational/co-op aspect. At least there are a number of other cool things introduced with the update, specifically the jetpack, and we now have storage galore😜

I do think it’d be better overall if much requested features and some QoL improvements (such nav assists and tools, cartography stuffs, anything which helps players keep from getting lost, marking paths, visualizing compass while in vehicles, etc) were dispersed along the way rather than “saved up” for lump updates. Hindsight being what it is, and given the roadmap and it’s updates now are all being rearranged (have been, just not announced) presumably with some updates being shuffled, delayed, who knows what all has changed (Wanderer clearly was delayed a significant amount from when rumored to release, some time late spring) it seems even more apparent it would’ve been better to go ahead and implement some planned improvements, bring out a few new features along the way rather than holding back so to speak. Hard to know for sure, we don’t know yet how the roadmap is being rearranged nor what will be coming in the future, but it’s a concern. Why? Because unlike the more recreational-focused items, these sorts of things (nav, etc) will appeal to or benefit ALL PLAYERS, not just a subset of them.

Going back to the recreational/co-op focus, there are still a fair number of folks (so it seems) having issues connecting and playing with their friends at ALL (like session not found, or session kicking them and can’t rejoin, etc, there are some tips and tricks at least I know there are posted on the Discord, but they don’t work for everyone). Even with playing co-op, based on my own experiences, the terrain desync can be bad enough to hinder, even obstruct progress. So if you were planning to have help in actually doing constructive things in Astroneer, things may not work out for you like you’d hoped. It’s unfortunate one can’t rely on what many consider to be a core feature of the game. Many consider co-op, being able to play the game with friends, a requisite for their enjoyment of the Astroneer experience.

I’ve played solo almost exclusively. I’m not a person who considers co-op necessary for my enjoyment of the game, but it’d be nice from time to time so overall I’ve been waiting for performance to improve for Xbox as well as for dedicated servers to arrive. Since servers seemed to be a long time off, I chose to start participating in co-op recently (also, it’s worth noting performance has also improved a great deal for Xbox players, both in solo and co-op play). The lag, especially for the host, isn’t horrid anymore. If it’s a fresh save, the game performs rather well I must say. By and large it’s the terrain desync that’s causing major problems for most folks. That’s why I’ve avoided playing co-op with any significant game “goals” in mind, like making significant headway towards the big achievements, unlocking the worlds, that sort of stuff. I simply don’t trust the game’s desync in co-op to not mess up the save or block my ability to reach vital areas. I’m sure this wouldn’t be an issue in every scenario but once you’ve encountered severe desync it’s enough of a deterrent, at least it was for me. You can remove some of the desync’d terrain but it’ll just come back. Not good when working in tight spaces. Until desync is fixed, I don’t trust co-op to help “solve” the game, which is unfortunate. I mean yeah, as host I theoretically shouldn’t encounter issues but I’ve played so much I’ve experienced enough odd bugs, one-offs, and such, I just don’t wish to take that chance. And I’m not sure how well, even with the improvements in performance, the Xbox can handle unlocking everything in a single save. That might’ve been a bit much to ask, in terms of achievements, idk. For a long time, people couldn’t even make it to watch through the credits. Even after the fix, some had continued issues with crashes during credits, idk how things are going now though. 

Summing up, there’ve been quite a number of recreational-oriented or -themed items released over the last several months. I don’t have any issue with that specifically, only pointing out that such things (after the cool factor wears off) I’m guessing only continue to retain some significant use/value for a fraction of players. That’s fine too, but then you realize, only a fraction of THOSE players are able to play with their friends online, to use and enjoy those items. On top of that, it’s doubtful they use them all the time, plus it’s hard to know how many of them find them worthwhile to unlock, much less craft, etc. So I can understand comments about these items on the whole not being the most thrilling. I also agree, it has nothing to do with the design, that’s always top-notch. We’re very spoiled with how amazing everything always looks, and functions xD  I know the jetpack will be a hit, bugfixes are always awesome, and who doesn’t want QoL improvements? Keep those coming! Hope we’ll see a return to monthly updates.

I’m guessing the delays were at least partly related to prep for the upcoming PS4 release (I cant imagine folks being surprised about this; after all, Gearbox said they wanted to bring Astroneer to more players, so really was a no-brainer y’all would make the game available for PlayStation). While I’m sure work continues on that front, I’m hopeful we’ll see more regular updates resume, maybe some performance/bugfix patches in the mix as well. Whatever y’all have time to send our way, we’re always grateful to get it :D I know I’m hyped for the PS4 release, mine has been needing some love lately and this is just what the doctor ordered! Smart move, I’m guessing that’s the biggest market Astroneer has yet to tap into, now you'll have all the bases covered so to speak (most who own the Switch, according to articles I’ve read, already own either one of the major consoles or a PC, and that doesn’t even take into account possible technical limitations). As much as I love the Switch, I have to say I’m doubtful🤷‍♀️ but no one really knows, except Nintendo and SES perhaps😉 

That PS4 trailer, omg, so frickin’ CUTE! Genius! Bubbles bongos xD

P.S. Did y’all realize it still says in the game menu: “Lunar Update is now LIVE”?😏

Y’all missed my Tomes, I know you did😛

41 minutes ago, Hermann said:

The jetpack update. Done. rest is filler.

It is really difficult to disagree with @Hermann

All I see is a lot of "One and Done" things in this update, just like the past couple. UGH!

Build a couple of hoops, jetpack through, fireworks go off, picture taken.......DONE.....never to be used again. Why? Why is this a thing? What is your current passion with "One and Done" items? Stop doing that! Stop producing them! 
How, just how inside SES did people think these hoops had any life after just a couple of uses? So I'm going to build 20 of them and then have an 8 person MP race? Wow, that fills a void in gaming that NO OTHER COMPANY HAS ADDRESSED!
You start off with a crafting/exploration game that is morphing into a 'future' (yeah right) space beachball soccer/hoop racing game, because? Because there are no soccer games on the market? Because there are no racing games on the market?

It is just more proof they don't play the game. They don't play if for extended periods. How could they? How could they play with long save games and think "Ooh yeah, a hoop, yeah I'm looking to add something so yeah that's something I can see myself flying through, over and over and over and over and over, (oh dear Lord make it stop)!
And, I need more single tier storage? Why? Because you don't play the game that's why. If you did you would know none of us, need more single tier storage. Were you not there when silos were introduced? 

Please please please SES DEVS please go to the suggestion thread on this forum and only there for future updates. The suggestions there are a million times better than what you have produced lately! Please, go there and add things from there and only there. Those suggestions are so much better than what you have been giving us. Just go there and get your ideas, please.
And, can you have a meeting to stop adding "One and Done" items? The game was not started with "One and Done" items, why are we getting them now? Fireworks, lunar thing, beachball soccer, beachball soccer goal, the hoops, the round "storage", all purple things, please stop. Those are all "One and Done" items. To be used a couple of times, never to be used again. Please only give us things that have longevity, like jetpacks & the field shelter, resources and planets. Ya know the things people have been asking for......never mind 

And lastly, if you are never going to pull from the suggestions thread on this forum, just remove it. Don't keep giving people hope that their thought, time and energy is going to be heard. No one would have ever put hoops above 99.9999999% of everything, everything else on that thread. Don't keep being mean. If you're going to continue to ignore them and go in this disaster of a direction with this "One and Done" initiative, then just remove the thread.    

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Don't keep giving people hope that their thought, time and energy is going to be heard.

Why are you still wasting your time with SES. They aren't listening, so move on.

is the issue with rovers not driving while a drill is active still a thing or did they ignore it once again for another update of pointless gadgets...

7 hours ago, diseasedmeat said:

im with @The Touch of Grey Gamer about the one and done stuff, but 99% of them i have never made once, the sphere and other stuff, since it serves no purpose for endgame or the things i wanna do never build them.

I made the ball and nets. They are sitting on the side waiting to be blown up when I can be bohered going to the effort.
I don't multi. My laptop pretty much can't. Ever tried to play soccer with yourself? Doesn't last long.

With that said I appreciate the stability fixes and the functional items like the portable shelter. Tho I personally probably won't use that either.

16 hours ago, DivineRecord150 said:

I don’t see the glow sticks and camera on my Xbox one s.

Are you sure you’re looking in the right place (after you’ve unlocked them)?

I play on Xbox (not that platform matters, other than controls/keybinds, the game is essentially the same across platforms). Those items should be printable from the backpack iirc.

You’ll notice in the catalog items are sorted based on where they’re printed. From left to right: backpack printer>small printer>medium printer>large printer (at least I think that’s the size “names” of the printers; I’ve played so long, and so much, I’ll admit I don’t even look anymore ;P)

Hope that helps!

P.S. I’m enjoying the glowsticks now that I’ve tried them👍

Edited by Shadow Echo

We certainly did hijack Xum's post @The Touch of Grey Gamer
I'll continue here, where it's more relevant.  Context:  

Don't I craft things from printers and put them directly into my backpack? I don't need to package them. Don't they already come packaged?

Yes, things printed come in boxes, but you thought the camera was useless now...it'd be even more useless if you had to waste a packager on it just to take it with you.  You'd have to craft a truck load of steel to have multiple. 

it is illogical to have the camera made of just steel.

You're right.  Steel is an odd choice.  If I got to choose, and it had to be 1 resources...I think i'd choose plastic.  No one's going to carry a steel camera in the real world, it'd be too heavy to be portable.  Plastic would be light, portable, and though you still need a resource from the Chem Lab, it's more affordable.  I hear you on the glass because of the lens, but that's 1 component of this item.  Plastic body cameras totally logical.  

How if the devs play the game, how do they not know that the splitter has no value. It does nothing.

I'm with you here too.  I don't use or even craft the splitter.  Joe said in an interview recently that he like to build bases underground, and he will switch from solar power to wind power at night?  What?  Switch?  Why not just pipe it all in together?  What's the point in cutting off your wind during the day?? If I want to combine 2 power streams into 1, I'll save myself the copper and graphite and use a platform, thanks.  The ONLY use I see for the splitter is as a measuring tool.  

How, just how *G* does hoops get priority over fixing the game? How does the round storage get time spent on it before all of the other bugs? Fixing the bugs will bring a billion times more enjoyment than beachball soccer ever could. 
*G* why? 

I can't answer this exactly except to say that the people who fix bugs and the people who make hoops are typically not the same people.  Not all game devs are engineers.   To oversimplify it a bit, the art and design people are working on Thing A and the Engineers are working on Thing B.  Team Engineer is probably broken up a bit too, Network Engineers are probably doing something different than the Software Engineers.  

Give us more planets, give us more resources, give us more LZ's, give us a reason to ever go back to any purple thing more than once, give us a meaning to Astronium, give us a use for the splitter, give us the things you, SES, that you intended to give us the first time. Go back to your roots, to when everything had longevity, not this recent phase of "One and Done" limited use items.

I don't see more planets happening, maybe ever, but at least not for a long time....because of this.  I hope there are more resources, and better planets in time. 

I use my Gateway network, I generally keep my base at the North or South Pole Gateway Chamber so since I'm already there, I will gladly use it to go grab a can of Helium from that Atmospheric Condenser I left running on Atrox and not waste any fuel.

What do you want to do with Astronium??  I want to use it to overclock my modules and make them run faster, and give me a reason to use (and thereby create) more power.  

1 hour ago, Gina said:

We certainly did hijack Xum's post @The Touch of Grey Gamer
I'll continue here, where it's more relevant.  Context:  

I can't answer this exactly except to say that the people who fix bugs and the people who make hoops are typically not the same people.  Not all game devs are engineers.   To oversimplify it a bit, the art and design people are working on Thing A and the Engineers are working on Thing B.  Team Engineer is probably broken up a bit too, Network Engineers are probably doing something different than the Software Engineers. But all work for SES yes? So it is a coordination issue?    

I don't see more planets happening, maybe ever, but at least not for a long time....because of this.  I hope there are more resources, and better planets in time.
Ok planets are really really difficult (should be a DLC but whatever) but resources? So SES takes a poll "Would you prepay for a DLC that included X amount of additional planets." That wouldn't work? I'm saying they don't start work unless X amount or X% of current owners pre-pay?
Anyway.....
Back in 2017 & 2018 there was a web page with future resources. It even had their little logo. There was a least two dozen of them. But now, I can't find them or that web page. *G* we are using Iron. Iron *G* iron! Hundreds of years into the future humans have not evolved beyond using, iron? *G* seriously *G*
I'm not saying iron was not a good starting resource for a fledgeling team and a new game. Yup, I agree. It is 2019 almost 2020. A game of the future still with iron? I remember we had carbon at one time? Diamonds? I think they have made changes before but I could be wrong. So *G* not even on the road map? Not even on their own list? Still, using the same day one 2016 resources? There was just not thought to progression and growth in this entire area? Don't we here on earth have more than just a handful of resources? SES don't read, don't see, don't know that collecting and crafting are, oh wait, what am I talking about? I'm sure they know, after all they play the game! 😇 

I use my Gateway network, I generally keep my base at the North or South Pole Gateway Chamber so since I'm already there, I will gladly use it to go grab a can of Helium from that Atmospheric Condenser I left running on Atrox and not waste any fuel.
*G* a can? Still? At this stage of development we can still only have backpack transport capabilities in a GC? No one here, ever talks about those purple things. We all unlocked them, and never used them again. SES couldn't foresee that happening? I mean they play the game don't they? 😇 So they are a one and done item. Why not allow us to transport more than just an Astroneer? If I could use it to move more than just my dood, then maybe I would use them and often. But they are designed to be so limited. Not one person asked, "Hey guys, this weekend I unlocked all the purple things, and played for a couple of hours after that and realized, before we release them to the public, um, yeah, why would I ever use them again?"
Ok fine, things slip through the cracks, no one is perfect. But now? How could they not know now? Now they know, how could they not? So let all that work, time, effort and energy to produce them go by the wayside rather than just making a couple of changes so that we can transport what we want to. Why not? They are not being used now, so what is the issue? 
Splitters. Do I care that they were added? No. Do I care they don't work as designed? Yes. Do I care more that STILL don't work. Come on, take some pride in what you, SES, what you put into the game. If it don't work fix it, re-purpose it or remove it. Simple pimple.
It's like I have a flat tire yet rather than replace it with a new one I buy a bald tire and buy new speakers cause you know, ring storage! 

What do you want to do with Astronium??  I want to use it to overclock my modules and make them run faster, and give me a reason to use (and thereby create) more power.  
Jack of all resources! Whatever you need to craft whatever you need to do it, Astronium is your pal! Need resin or steel or nanocarbon or helium, Astronium is your buddy! Need coal or diamonds or clay? Astronium is your bud!

EXO Dynamics wants it! We have an orders to fill. You would think they would only need 10 tonnes but they want 10 tonnes from each planet! Apparently Astronium is slightly different on each planet! That is why we have the new cargo shuttle to send Astronium to EXO Dynamics. And since Astronium is lethal once it reaches the height of 1 mile, Astroneers can't fly on the same spacecraft with Astronium! So we have to travel to each planet and build a Cargo Shuttle to send up to EXO. And we have that clock to beat! Oh my me oh my!

*G* did you know that Astronium is an Alien resource? YIKES!!!! When Astronium is disturbed, the Aliens send down multiple types of poisonous plants! Multiple! Some can only be killed by....Astronium! AAAHHHH! Will it ever end??????
Fill in your own Alien - Astronium connection here! How can there not be a connection between the two? No one, uses either one! Why not combine the two so that they have meaning and are, oh I don't know, used? 😇
*G* These are just three ideas. Use maybe all three?

Maybe a different Astronium scenario on each planet? 
Planet 1 you removed the Astronium? Ooooh the aliens are mad and attacking with angry plants
Planet 2 EXO dynamics has an order for us to fill
Planet 3 Astronium is the jack of all resources
Planet 4 Astronium powers the jetpack (5x 10x) longer
Planet 5 Splitters and only splitters can be used to "split" the rocks that Astronium comes in
Planet 6 ?

I don't have all the answers yet but I'm sure I could. 
*G* would you agree that doing something is better than doing nothing? Or better yet, better than a storage hoop? 😇 And if one does not work as well as expected, then um, make a change. What is the issue? They've made changes before. Remember when we had those cone things that housed resources? There were some above ground that looked like termite hills that had the oxygen bubbles? 

*G* I just couldn't if I had any authority, I just couldn't let things like this go and not be fixed. Ok, fine, we tried it and it didn't work. Whether it didn't work as designed or no one is using it, in any event it is not working. Just fix it. Just change it. Just have a meeting, all the people that play the game state all the things that they want fixed as a player. Not as a dev. Not as an art person. Not as a decision maker. As a person that plays the game. As a gamer. Then all meet, list all the things that just don't jive and just fix those things. Just those. Call it the "Players Update" whatever. Just do the proper thing. Give us what we deserve. Things that work and work as designed with the promise that when things don't they won't drag their feet and ignore ignore ignore. Too much of an ask?

Can you please make autosave a thing? configurable to save from every 10-60 minutes? It really sucks losing 45 minutes of progress when the game crashes.. we don't get in and out of rovers that often. And please stop saving constantly when getting in a rover, it lags the host really hard..

On 9/4/2019 at 8:39 PM, SES_joe said:

[AS-6554] - Tethers that were previously disappearing are now spawned in the air next to the player and drop to the ground.

This appears to have a negative side effect: Placing a tether while walking or running right after when the tether line breaks does not guarantee to connect the new tether to the last tether any more. See this posting:

But perhaps you could apply this fix's behavior to resources when they are ejected from the back of the Terrain Tool. It might actually resolve the following bug which has already been claimed to be fixed with patch 1.0.9, but still happens to me:

[AS-1070] - As part of the above fix with carrying objects, addressed an old bug where resources would sometimes fall through the terrain when their model was below the surface at the time they were ejected from the back of the Terrain Tool. 

Edited by Marck