Guys... its been like 4 years or more are we ever going to get an option to turn the damn helmet light OFF? I beg you. It just looks so horrible during the daytime to have the helmet light ON at all times, i think having it as a shortcut key or whatever would be great.. it can't be that hard to implement can it?

+1, but its a small price to pay for salvation, without helmet light I would be so damn lost, but I am okay with it.

Only way I know to have it go off is run your power down using an excavator tool attachment. Those caves/cavern are really scary when you are trying to get back to the tether line with no lights on. Especially when you know that one misstep could cause you to fall to your death down a shear cliff. Can you say clenched sphincter? Hahahaha I agree that having the option to turn it on or off would be useful in some situations.

Edited by Flyingcrowbar

I agree that having an option to turn our helmet lights during daytime would be very convenient. Speaking of lights, it would be great to have a kind of object like the splitter that allows power to go through during limited periods of time (the player would be of course able to set it manually). I would really like to have my lamp posts go off automatically during the day for example.

Maybe the developers could add photosensitive detectors to the lights that shut them down automatically. I know its not for power savings, but because of the "washed out" effect the lights give during daylight hours on certain planets, right?

I just think it seems logical that you would turn your light OFF during the daytime even for saving energy if we going to be a bit more realistic about it, and turn it on when ever you needed. It doesn't make any sense to have this headlamp turned ON constantly 24/7 it makes the game look uglier during the day imo and too bright when you have a light on top of that one.Any sort of update to it would be cool. now that i pay attention to this constantly ON light, day and night my OCD doesn't let it go lol

hello all :)

for me always was strange to have a worklight on the backpack, okay it maybe is lighting little surrounding but not so much exacly what we are doing and a helmet's headlight is so dim that it is hardly useful in the dark and annoying in the light. Plus, with so many new backpack items to carry around I do not have space do dig anymore. So, why not solve several problems at once and make several toggleable helmet slots? For the lights, maybe for some future interesting detectors? And pretty please, can we have a toggle ON/OFF keys for the gun slots too? I am soooo tired of removing mods from the gun when I have no need for them.

I've been begging for literally years to have the work light put into the helmets and remove those silly fluorescent lighting we have now. I've made posts about it. Save us two backpack slots in the process.
For whatever reason, if there even is one, we have had this terrible lighting since December 2016. I dunno 😵 

Well, looky here, someone from the SES development team actually commented on this idea. I am glad they are reading these forums. I think that's the first time I've seen that happen. I certainly hope it isn't the first time it has happened though. OK, OK, I just noticed that @SES_Adam has 142 posts, so I have to assume that it happens fairly regularly.

Edited by Flyingcrowbar