Gina

Developer stream expected later today (Stream has been delayed)

Hello all.  No time has been announced yet, but yesterday Joe mentioned that there would be a stream today (Pacific Time).  Stream was delayed, the team is busy getting ready for PAX West in a couple days. They usually live stream on Twitch, so if you haven't already followed SES_Dev on Twitch, do that now and enable notifications so that you're alerted when the stream is starting.  Sometimes live streams air on Mixer, so it wouldn't hurt to follow there too. 

If you miss the stream or want to watch it again, it should be available for at least a week as a VOD, and any clips made of the highlights will be available forever (assuming it airs on Twitch).

We are also expecting to see a Vlog this Friday, so go subscribe and enable notification on the System Era YouTube channel to be alerted when that goes live.  There will also be a trailer to accompany the next update posted on their YouTube.

The Exploration Update is up next, and expected to be available the day after PAX West.

👆 Sources for above ☝ (Pic is from yesterday, don't let the date/time fool you)

There will also be a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT at PAX on Friday, August 30 at 1:30 pm PT on the Gearbox Main Theater Show, you can watch it here.

Edited by Gina
Change of plans.

I know.  I know.  Seems like they had a rather full day, and some of team has been away on vacation ahead of PAX so I'm sure they're feeling the pressure.  I don't expect to see the stream before PAX anymore.  Who knows when it'll be.  But as far as we know, the Vlog, the Announcement, the Update and the update's trailer are still on, so keep a look out for those things.  

Joe sent us a leek as penance, though.

22 hours ago, Gina said:

I know.  I know.  Seems like they had a rather full day, and some of team has been away on vacation ahead of PAX so I'm sure they're feeling the pressure.  I don't expect to see the stream before PAX anymore.  Who knows when it'll be.  But as far as we know, the Vlog, the Announcement, the Update and the update's trailer are still on, so keep a look out for those things.  

Joe sent us a leek as penance, though.

hyped :D

20 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Camera 

So you can take selfies with the respawning terrain... 😂

If I can make it to the house in time, I'll be watching, but I gotta be honest, my expectations are very low. I know I shouldn't have any, but I like the game (day 1 EA player) and wish only the best for it, but past announcements have not been as "big" as claimed. I really, really, sincerely hope they prove me wrong and shut me up...

On 8/30/2019 at 2:43 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Maybe it is a camera to film the Beachball Soccer games?

And broadcast them live with the antennas?

On 8/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, vvhorus said:

I really, really, sincerely hope they prove me wrong and shut me up...

I hope they prove you wrong too! But, never shall they shut you up! Only I can do that!

I, like you, have high hopes but low expectations. I'm guessing we will receive another visor/suit addition. Which, makes me just yawn. The ability to make suits and visors should be turned over to the modders and they should be allowed to create them. 
After beachball soccer I suppose nothing is off the table. We still have items that just have no use; astronium, splitter and antenna that simply have zero use. Just to name three. 

On 8/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, vvhorus said:

And broadcast them live with the antennas?

Not, SES is not that sophisticated 

Good thing if it is a camera because you know, my keyboard does not have the F12 key. 😵

My friend & fellow Discord moderator Bwainless thinks this from the "leek" Joe tweeted looks like the from a Playstation controller.  And seeing has how Gearbox Publishing is in the business of porting games to other platforms and they previously said they'd like to help make Astroneer available to more people...I think Bwainless is on the right track.  Only 7½ more hours until the show starts and we find out for sure!!

48 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Not, SES is not that sophisticated 

Good thing if it is a camera because you know, my keyboard does not have the F12 key. 😵

Plus, compared to what we currently carry on our phones—400 years before the game's timeline—that camera looks huge, bigger than those 1800's models. It's only missing the black cloth in the back.

How useful do you think it will be on a scale from Large Platform B (ten) to portable oxygenator (zero)?

Edited by vvhorus

So I guess the "big" announcement is that Astroneer is coming to PS4 and they're partnering with Gearbox to sell physical copies of the game. Great for our PS4 bros and sis, but it got me thinking: with so many bugs the game currently has, I wonder if it's a wise decision to do it before fixing those...

Here's the stream. Fast forward to 1:00:00 for Joe's minute and a half announcement and update teaser.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474557237

Edited by vvhorus

Nice to see the fuel moved to the jetpack saving two slots on the back pack.
I did not notice a speed difference between the two jetpacks but we'll see
Nothing about the camera, beacon, survey equipment or whatever it is
The pack up temp base, I could see working with the jetpack fairly well because it can provide power and oxygen. It will save me time now as I will be able to fly up from caves to the surface saving a lot of time hauling items. Sliding down and jetpackin it up! 
How ugly is that suit for PS4? Holy chit that thing if F'n fugly! When I heard about it I wanted it! Then after I saw it, no no no, that is just not good. A homage to Stewie Griffin? 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

really interested in dedicated servers, i think that is why they are not fixing the multiplayer dysnc, i think once servers are set and you use them the issue hopefully is gone. now my question is if anyone knows is, will these be ones you pay for a month and have anyone you allow to access at any times or would it be more like a ffa anyone can join etc. cuz me and the 2 ppl i play with are willing to rent a private server so we dont have to wait for our host to be on.

1 hour ago, diseasedmeat said:

really interested in dedicated servers, i think that is why they are not fixing the multiplayer dysnc, i think once servers are set and you use them the issue hopefully is gone. now my question is if anyone knows is, will these be ones you pay for a month and have anyone you allow to access at any times or would it be more like a ffa anyone can join etc. cuz me and the 2 ppl i play with are willing to rent a private server so we dont have to wait for our host to be on.

I hope we can all run a dedicated server ourselves on a local pc. As well as run it remotely on a vps.

And that this will solve issues we have now with mp, such as when 1 saves , the other freezes.