ibvaughn

Astroneer crashes on save on Xbox One - Aug 24 2019 - v1.3.13.0

I bought the game in July 2019 and my wife and I have played consistently since.  I've completed researching most items, opened gates on all but Glacio.  We started noticing this on Glacio when going to the center.  Getting in and out of the Medium Rover caused a crash and we lost progress from last save.  This initially happened only a couple times in several days playing.  Now, as we have progressed in the game, its happening more frequently.  I'm lucky to get to save once in four attempts.

I assumed this was either save file size or save file file corruption.  I have since reinstalled the game, renamed my save files (hoping files were rewritten), hard rebooted the console, cleaned out old games to make sure we have at least 30G space.  Nothing so far has helped.  In fact, right after reinstall, I couldn't initial load the game (crashed).

I am usually able to get the first save in but after that it will crash either from climbing in something for auto save or save within menu. I had an update last Thursday and after that is when it started. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no change. I have it on the Xbox One X, 2 things I haven't tried yet is installing it on my Xbox One S or starting a new game. I have put a ton of time into this game and unlocked all the gates so I don't want to start over. I also started this game with a friend, both building things together so I'm not sure if that could be any of the reason causing this. I have had my last crash with this game until a fix comes out, just can't get any place with it now.

Xbox 1S doing the same with a lot of hours game time. Everything in the game gets slower the more hours you put in. Saves after entering any item taking more than 7 seconds or so crash the game losing the game time played. If you reset the Xbox after cleaning it out the same scenario occurs. If there's a timeout function or data limit on saves this requires extending to double its present value. 

I want to thank the devs for not sorting out this Xbox crashing issue. Since I stopped playing Astroneer I am getting so much more done on The Long Dark 😉

XBOX 1X still crashing on every 1 to 3 save attempts with latest updates as of 11/3/19. Unplayable.

Edited by Robert Wehtje
spelling error

Still crashing frequently on saves as of 11/24/19. Xbox one X . Unplayable atm . So sad it’s such a good game otherwise. 

On 11/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, Apapi said:

Still crashing frequently on saves as of 11/24/19. Xbox one X . Unplayable atm . So sad it’s such a good game otherwise. 

Quick update here. I started a new game/save after the creative update . Zero crashing issues with new save after 30 + hours in so far so good. Tried old save again and it still crashes often when saving in hab or vehicle, so probably need to abandon that save going forward,  even though I was at pretty much at end game.
    Anyways,  fantastic work on the updates this past summer, hopefully no more game breaking ones in the future .  
    The game looks beautiful and frame rates get better all the time. I really love the game,  its super fun , been playing since early beta. I would like to see some kind of flying land craft at some point,  more storage for backpack, and local multiplayer spilt screen . Cheers !

XBoX1X playing off external SSD 

My game is now unplayable. I was able to activate the last of all Gateways, but cant save that progress. I dont understand how this NOT listed in the known bugs and there is no mention of them working to fix this. I have seen people mentioning this happening on all platforms going back months.

Playing on Xbox One X: Still need the "light 10 fireworks in 10 seconds achievement to get all achievements. Very Sad I can play the Holiday Event! :(

Edited by Jack Herbert

Hi everybody... This problem is a pain in the ass for all the fans of this magnificent GAME..and listen to me: NOBODY CARES ABOUT...! today March 18 2020 is MY LAST DAY ON THE GAME, BECAUSE I WILL ERASE IT FROM MY XBOX ONE... 8 of every 10 times, when I want to save, the game CRASHES. IS SOMETHING STUPID AND FRUSTRATING. Sorry but this takes the whole game into a Hole. 

Xbox one.

The game not save. I'm on Calidor, unlocked all gateways. When i reach the planet core the game can not save anymore.

i already unlocked Syla, Desolo, Glacio.

Please fix the bug