SES Dev Joe has been showing off some merchandise that's going to be available at PAX West.  Check out this fresh blog post for more info about PAX.  At past shows, items have been exclusive to the show, so if you wanted the item or the palette code, you HAD to go.  Sadly, the vast majority of us can't travel to these events so no goodies for us.  Joe has teased that IF there's any merchandise left over after the show they might sell it online.

Assuming the price is right...would you buy Astroneer merch? 

My answer, unsurprisingly, is yes!  100%  I want all of it! 💸💸💸💸💸

If they did open a web store, what other Astroneer merch would you like to see??  I want an oversized mousepad for my desk!! 😏

pax_products-2.png

10 minutes ago, Gina said:

If they did open a web store, what other Astroneer merch would you like to see??  I want an oversized mousepad for my desk!! 😏

@ about 9:30 you will see what I want to buy! 
I've repeatedly asked where? How? 
Having those two would be AMAZING! I'm thinking using them as nightstands? End tables? Coffee table? 
Having them light up? Oh yeah! 
I would buy those two

I would like to have a piece of staff signed 'something'. A poster, model, art work etc. would be awesome

Having an auction of Astroneer stuff to help support a charity would be cool to me. Maybe on Ebay?

A pair of rollerblades? 

Posted (edited)

Very happy to buy @Gina. I and so I can't be on PAX West, because I share a very large distance from Europe to USA. As will be available in the store, insert a post or links.

Edited by Marcin7667
Typo

Oh my god @The Touch of Grey Gamer, I read this leaving work earlier without watching the video assuming it was the very early vlog when Spencer brings in the 3D print of EXO Suit...but you want heccin furniture!!  You're not after the average bloke's merchandise, aye?  😂

I would like to have a piece of staff signed 'something'. A poster, model, art work etc. would be awesome

Having an auction of Astroneer stuff to help support a charity would be cool to me. Maybe on Ebay?

A pair of rollerblades? 

The rest of this  💋👌 magnifico!!

1223781973_AstroBooth.thumb.png.4cc9bf23860bc09470f57a489a57b067.png

Posted (edited)

The blue poster thing, yes I'd want that!
The cut out, yeah order me one of those as well! Can I have the pajama astroneer instead?

But the furniture oh the furniture! Yes @Gina I want those! Who wouldn't? Your telling me if they were for sale you would not buy at least one? Come on! I'd have them in the TV room on either side of the sofa for the big ones. The little ones? I can see them in the puter room for sure! 
I'm 99.9% sure SES did not make these in house but rather contracted a company to make them. I'm not sure why then there would not be a relationship between the three of us (SES, company that made them & us the consumers) if all SES has to do is play middle man? 

As far as the auction idea goes...why not? Why not auction off a bunch of items and use the money to send some underprivileged kids to a space camp or do some other space/kid related thing? 

The blue and white triangles I find all over (can't think of their name shame on me) however, if there was one that I could buy, and, use on my front lawn as a quasi Christmas tree, oh yeah! Oh hell yeah! A 500 year into the futuristic Christmas tree? Yes, it has to have lights and we should get to choose the resource on the sides. Me likey!
Or, or how cool would it be @Blind Ioif it were a grill? Gas or charcoal. The top has a hinge. Vent at the top. We'd get to choose what resource we want placed on it. Maybe even a smoker? A triangle blue and white grill? YES! YES! YES! 
You want to make the blue and white triangles smaller @Flyingcrowbar? I'm cool with that. Table lamps. So I put the triangle lamp onto the furniture? Ah, yeah, ok, twist my arm! 

Water bottles are cool and all. No doubt. Things like water bottles take time and effort to make available. Nothing is free. Everything a company does costs money or time (which costs money). So would the things I mentioned. Why not spend the time and effort on things that are just so much better? Shirts and pins are cool, no doubt. But, aren't they a bit played out? Hasn't nearly every game company since the 80's sold the same old same old? But here, here there is a great opportunity to provide to the fan base, the customers, items that are light years ahead of a mug or a hat. Wouldn't you agree? Let the other game makers sell what their fathers did before them; hats, mugs, poster, water bottle, pins etc. Why not recognize that some gamers have not only jobs but careers? Why not recognize that some gamers have disposable income? Why not recognize that some gamers have been gamers since the early 90's? Why not recognize that maybe, just maybe, the disposable logoed items that have been on sale forever, may just may be getting a bit stale? Can't there be the opportunity to purchase more tangible, long lasting and so much more cooler items? 

Shall I continue? 😉

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

As cool as all that sounds...and believe it does sound cool how many people would really buy the more expensive items? Night stands are going to cost a bit more than a water bottle and they would need some kind of volume to make it worth while. 

We have some seriously talented individuals (remember the guy making astroneers?) If they can work out the licensing, let the players go nuts and keep 100% of the revenue. Astroneer gets free advertising on every product.

@The Touch of Grey Gamer, I hear you, you have money and you're willing to spend it.  Now people on Discord are reading your furniture merch ideas and hoping you'll join there.  Way to go!! ;)

I genuinely hope that one day the market for the Astroneer game and merchandise is so big that they can spend the time and effort making end-table sized crates that I can buy on the internet...among other things.  Some of the licensed products available for Minecraft are 🍌 B A N A N A S!! 🍌 I hope Astroneer gets to that level!!   The Costumes are Party City are a good start, I am hoping I can convince my nephew to be Bubbles so I can get the Palette Code that comes with that purchase. 😜

Astroneer figures.  About six inches tall.  Or even a "deluxe" version such as the fan-made one with the magnetic nuggets of resources.

Though, it'd have to be the cat/bio suit model.  :)

It's weird to see a game nowadays not being accompanied by some sort of merch store: t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, hats, posters, figures, etc. Heck, they could even sell some sort of diorama set, even partner up with Hasbro and do an entire toy line, or with KIRKBI to do Lego sets. I would be down for some toy collectibles.

This company definitely needs a more aggressive marketer...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

I would totally go for this stuff...and more!

I would LOVE a life size terrain tool...backpack...resources! ...an inflatable Gateway Chamber bounce house!!! ...more little suit models...little platform models...module models...habitat models!!!!!! ALL THE MODULE MODELS!!!

I will throw out all of the other cups and bottles I've collected over the years that my husband fusses about to make room for these.