icebird

new Game Modes

10 posts in this topic

1.So i think it would be cool to have a unlimited resources mode where you have unlimited resources, but still oxygen and power still run out. But you have unlimited resources for everything else.

2.Creative mode so you have unlimited oxygen and power and unlimited resources.

Edited by Wyvyrias
"plz read" has no place in a topic title, I removed it

Let's add sandbox mode into a sandbox game, brilliant!

Jokes aside, having a god mode wouldn't be a bad idea.  

Edited by PhreeB

4 hours ago, icebird said:

1.So i think it would be cool to have a unlimited resources mode where you have unlimited resources, but still oxygen and power still run out. But you have unlimited resources for everything else.

2.Creative mode so you have unlimited oxygen and power and unlimited resources.

I think the Creative mod can be cool because we could test a vehicule or a gadget.

But the first gamemode you give,... Why not but I don't think it's a good idea, all the ressources are unlimited.So, let's developpers choice

Posted (edited)

I see by unlimited resources i mean being able to spawn resources in your back pack from a list it would be good for testing to.

Edited by icebird
Typo

How about lots of dials with lots of settings for many of the features/actions/conditions?  Really sandbox it up!  Tune the game to your liking.  Want it rough, crank everything up.  Want just a normal play, move things to moderate, some high, some low.  Want just a creative, turn everything down.

On 27/12/2016 at 1:17 AM, killingboss812 said:

I think the Creative mod can be cool because we could test a vehicule or a gadget.

But the first gamemode you give,... Why not but I don't think it's a good idea, all the ressources are unlimited.So, let's developpers choice

You also have some typos in there like resources game mode vehicle and developers   

A 'creative' mode is already confirmed by the devs.

I think you guys might be referring to something like a 'custom world' experience where if you wanted you could make some resources super common, or less common, determine what kinds of planets in a system and how many planets. How common is wreckage. Which I agree would be quite nice for lulz and possibly testing purposes. 

1 minute ago, Psyclonyx said:

Yeah, let's make it minecraft

Just because a game features a creative mode doesn't make it Minecraft.

Yeah, and just because a game is only survival doesn't make it terreria

All arguments aside, custom world gen and "creative mode" are a long way off, but discussing it is not a bad idea

I do like the "knobs" idea, but then again, that will be pretty difficult, but what do i know..