The way of rendering terrain has made caves a death trap. I am someone who has spent more of his life exploring caves and caves in this game are absolutely ridiculous. There are not horizontal cave entrances, When you find a cave 100% of the time you walk few meters and you have this abyssal drop that will kill you and you don't have a way to tie a rope or use some kind of equipment to descend to the depths of the cave. If the game wants to keep growing up make sure we have the possibility of having easy cave access or the possibility of researching and building equipment that will let us rappel down to the lower sections of the cave.

I always use my terrain tool and create a slope down to the area I need to get. You need to have a soil canister with soil so you can do this. Then just create a slope and angle it however you want. I spend a ton of time in caves as well and this is how I get around.

Aye Titi, I hear ya but I have to agree with the boys here. Soil canister is the way to go, currently. Although I would not be against other methods of grappling like you suggest. I would also not be against a zip line either!

22 hours ago, Wary Explorer said:

I always use my terrain tool and create a slope down to the area I need to get. You need to have a soil canister with soil so you can do this. Then just create a slope and angle it however you want. I spend a ton of time in caves as well and this is how I get around.

agreed... just ramp your way around everywhere

P.S.   I'm going to make a huge thread soon explaining why I think 1.0 ruined the game.....and caves is a big part of it... Hang in there and expect the big thread within a couple months (no promises)

I understand what you are saying, I just think that the way is right now it is not fun exploring at least on some of the planets. But well maybe introducing new technologies or other stuff to build like a cave elevator maybe? Thank you guys