Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuyKyle

quality of life ideas

Posted (edited)

1 ) backpack extenders, can only be equipped on the player backpack off to the sides (extra four slots per side raising total number of slots from 8 to 16 only on the backpack and adds an extra backpack battery because why not)

2 ) portable RTG, 4 unit/s power rate, made with 2 nanocarbon alloy or 1 NanoCarbon Alloy, 1 ceramic  and cost 14k bytes (could be changed for balance)

3 ) alignment mod, i know this is already in the game but it doesn't follow planet gravity AT ALL, maybe a separate gravity alignment mod

4 ) Unbreakable Ground Remains flat at all times, players are able to deform the unbreakable ground

5 ) flying vehicles, i know we're getting jetpacks but imagine a cargo vehicle made to fly, it would make exploring easier (quadcopters) with the option of rotors (cheap and slow, 1 aluminum and 1 ceramic) or jets (expensive and fast, 1 tungsten carbide and 1 titanium alloy

6 ) player built space stations, with the addition of jetpacks, i want space stations to become a reality (could use jetpacks, magnetic boots, or artificial gravity)

7 ) a compass, something at the top of the screen to see where your base and beacons (on current plant (I.E. cannot see beacons on sylva when on desolo))

8 ) official mod support, communities can be creative and great coders, can help speed up updates (mod integration into base game), and just add flavour into the general gameplay

9 ) storms, before release there were storms where the player could be killed and had to seek shelter, I.E. holes or the shelter. i miss those

Edited by ThatGuyKyle

4 hours ago, ThatGuyKyle said:

1 ) backpack extenders, can only be equipped on the player backpack off to the sides (extra four slots per side raising total number of slots from 8 to 16 only on the backpack and adds an extra backpack battery because why not)

Cool idea, but I think it would be a mech, something similar with subnautica (prawn suit)

4 hours ago, ThatGuyKyle said:

2 ) portable RTG, 4 unit/s power rate, made with 2 nanocarbon alloy or 1 NanoCarbon Alloy, 1 ceramic  and cost 14k bytes (could be changed for balance)

RTG is a very large hardware and it was hard to make to small (in games it is possible). In my opinion, they could add atomic batteries.

5 hours ago, ThatGuyKyle said:

3 ) alignment mod, i know this is already in the game but it doesn't follow planet gravity AT ALL, maybe a separate gravity alignment mod

An interesting idea.

4 ) Unbreakable Ground Remains flat at all times, players are able to deform the unbreakable ground

Yes, it's a little strange that you can deform the substrate until it disappears.

5 ) flying vehicles, i know we're getting jetpacks but imagine a cargo vehicle made to fly, it would make exploring easier (quadcopters) with the option of rotors (cheap and slow, 1 aluminum and 1 ceramic) or jets (expensive and fast, 1 tungsten carbide and 1 titanium alloy

I don't see the need, but that's just my opinion.

6 ) player built space stations, with the addition of jetpacks, i want space stations to become a reality (could use jetpacks, magnetic boots, or artificial gravity)

Space stations, I also want to be in the game, but probably developers will add gravity, just like the cores of the planets.

7 ) a compass, something at the top of the screen to see where your base and beacons (on current plant (I.E. cannot see beacons on sylva when on desolo))

Compass, for me it isn't needed, but another will be useful.😉

8 ) official mod support, communities can be creative and great coders, can help speed up updates (mod integration into base game), and just add flavour into the general gameplay

This is on the Roadmap, but for not long we will learn in the new Dev Stream/Vlog their ideas for the future of the game.

9 ) storms, before release there were storms where the player could be killed and had to seek shelter, I.E. holes or the shelter. i miss those

Me too. The storms gave the game more interesting gameplay. Post with information.

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, ThatGuyKyle said:

Quick History:
SES received countless complaints about storms for over a year before they were finally removed. Yes SES moves that slowly!

SES could introduce storms today and not receive a single complaint!
How?
I'm glad you asked
Provide us with an "on/off" switch!
It is literally that simple, literally. 
"You want storms? You get some storms! And you get some storms! And here are some storms for you!"
That way players like me that find storms; too tedious, too annoying, too unrealistic, too frequent, too boring & too predictable, would not have too play with them!
Literally a win/win, literally.
However there is a caveat. 😭 SES ain't be so keen on player freedom or player choices. They force us to play their game their way.

Did you also know that right now SES has the ability to change day to night, night to day, keep it day all the time, keep it night all the time, change it on a whim even or any other scenario one can think of? SES has had the ability to do this for well over a year yet "we can't handle the options!" We would abuse them so badly that people would instantly stop playing and games sales would cease to exist do the fact that we the players received an option or two. 
Here's a list of all the games throughout history that failed after introducing player options:

Impressive list right? 

Just wanted to emphasize the point that SES is 100% against player options.

Hey, advertising department I may have a new tag line for ya!
Player options are never an option here at SES! 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

Uhh that's a little rude to say @The Touch of Grey Gamer

Come on man they are working hard give them some credit, who knows we might get some options later
Since you started the on/off switch I got an idea, I'll make a new post on it.

37 minutes ago, TMarcher74 said:

Uhh that's a little rude to say @The Touch of Grey Gamer

Come on man they are working hard give them some credit, who knows we might get some options later
Since you started the on/off switch I got an idea, I'll make a new post on it.

My intention was not to be rude. I re-read it, I don't see rude. I see an honest opinion and some facts

So think about it. Every player could have each planet set on a different day/night cycle. For example one could play a game where on only Sundays have daylight! Or maybe 100% darkness on Atrox to bump up the difficulty aspect! 
It's not like every real world planet gets the exact same amount of daylight and darkness every day now do they? 
And for those with poor eyesight? Wouldn't it be nice for them to be recognized by SES? 
Once we can lay road networks (Wanderer Update), with the new lights, I don't want any daylight really. I like that at night it is very difficult to find graphite. And I'm sure I've passed many deposits of it in the dark. 
To me, it just adds another level of play, if one desires. One does not have to adjust anything at all to continue to enjoy the game. While others like me, would prefer to play pretty much all the time in darkness. I used to be a light guy but now, I'm a nightneer! I like the darkness better now. I like how not everything is easily handed to me like during daylight. I like being topside at night more than in caves. I think they are two different types of darkness.
Of course the game is more beautiful during the daylight but the more I play on the same save, the more I want that little bit extra difficulty level that darkness brings. 
Plus when the servers are up I'm totally hosting a weekly dark only game. 

Whaat post?