Sign in to follow this  
Tunacarp

Is the Lunar Lander Staying?

I loaded up Astroneer for the first time in a while, and raced off to the moon to see the nifty celebratory lander.  After finding it, taking a cute picture.. I did wonder: will it disappear after the end of August, or is that just the time limit to get the skins for finding it?

I wonder, because I feel vaguely compelled to set up a tourist trap/ museum of strange things around it, but won't bother if it is just going to vanish.

Same with the fireworks, do I need to collect them all now?  If I collect them, can I save them to shoot off later, or should I shoot them all off now because they'll vanish?

Anyhow, was fun, and I hope the lander sticks around.. I need it for my space tourism plans! :D

20190802094639_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

I have a feeling that the LEM is a limited time thing and will disappear after the end of the month. I'm not the final word by any means, but i think it will go bye-bye so enjoy it while it's here!

Edited by Flyingcrowbar

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tunacarp said:

I wonder

The Lander will stay, but it won't unlock anything. 

Gathered fireworks will stay, but bouncers won't spawn. 

(I can't be bothered gathering the screenshots right now, but I can be trusted to repeat what the devs have said.) 

Edited by Blind Io

Oooh, I do hope this is so.  You'll see the signs for light years... "See the Historic Lunar Lander!" ... "Thrilling Space Mystery Marble Race Track!" ... "Marvel at the Giant Space Fish Made of Solar Panels!" ... "Almost There, Next Lunar Orbit!!"

Thanks. :D

15 hours ago, Blind Io said:

The Lander will stay, but it won't unlock anything. 

Gathered fireworks will stay, but bouncers won't spawn

YES!

After August will I be able to create the different color fireworks or will I only be able to create one color? 
If I went to my local Astormart, could I buy more fireworks?
If I went to Party City, could I buy more fireworks?
Man, I hate fireworks!