Extra Large Soil Centrifuge and More Soil Storage

Posted (edited)

XL Soil Centrifuge

Research Cost: 5,000 Bytes
Material Cost: 2x Plastic & 2x Aluminum Alloy
Size: XL
Power Consumption: 8 Units/Second

Description:
An Upgraded version of the regular soil centrifuge that rewards you for producing in small amounts.

Visuals:
-Circumference of the extra large storage
-Has 2 counter rotating centrifuges. One with 8 capsules (like the existing one) and another outside it with 16 capsules
-A medium slot for taking soil from Canisters, Tanks and Soil Silos

Produced Resources (Up to)
24x Compound
24x Resin
18x Clay
12x Quartz
6x Graphite
3x Ammonium
[New]2x Laterite
Same Soil to Resource Ratio as the existing centrifuge.

New Systems
You can choose how much of one resource you need, if you need it to be made as quick a possible while also saving soil.

The less resources you make, the faster the centrifuge goes, by following this equation.
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.005xr)]p
X = fully powered centrifuge speed (Roughly 30 seconds)
R = amount of resources being made
P = Power being received

Examples:
You make 5/6 pieces of graphite at 7/8 Units/Second. The equation would be
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.005x(5))]7
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.025x)]7
[0.1x +0.1x]7
0.2x * 7
1.4X
The speed in this situation would be a good ways higher than in a regular soil centrifuge.

You make 24 pieces of resin at 8 Units/Second. The equation would be
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.005x(24)]8
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.120x)]8
[0.1x + 0.005x]8
0.105x * 8
0.84x
Slower than a regular centrifuge, but with 2.5x more resin every second of production.

The reason for this equation in the module is to balance the resource production. I didnt want mass producing resources to be the only point of having this module, so I nerfed mass production while buffing small resource collection.

Items to go along with this:

Soil Tank
Research cost: 1,000 Bytes
Material cost: 1x Resin & 1x Plastic
Size: M
Use: can hold 3 canisters full of soil
-can transfer soil from canisters through a small slot

Soil Silo
Research cost: 2,500 Bytes
Material Cost: 1x Resin & 1x Silicone
Use: can hold 12 canisters full of soil
-can transfer soil from canisters and tanks through a medium slot

Credit to @TMarcher74 and @Marcin7667 for inspiring me!

If I did anything wrong, or if I could balance anything better, OR if you have an add-on suggestions, please comment.

Edited by Slipsonic
Incorrect Math

I like the idea to have better versions of things for late game, so thumbs up for the general idea.

Some details:

- I would settle it more late game, so I would require some resources that needs a common gas

- soil tank an silo are underwhelming when comparing to M storage with canisters (except for the price)

- how would you control whether silo and tank are loaded or unloaded?

I like your idea, but whether these new canisters will have a measure like a centrifuge (old). I really like the ability to choose the amount of material he wants to receive. As for the lateryte is a not good idea, because you could get it on every planet, and a little broke the game. It used to be that all minerals could be obtained in a centrifuge. In my opinion it should be written in ppm (wiki) as the amount of material (it like with gases) and each planet should have its own unique mineral to obtain in the centrifuge.

3 hours ago, Igoooor said:

- I would settle it more late game, so I would require some resources that needs a common gas. 

I once created a post about the method of obtaining ammonium from gases (something similar to the fuel condenser), but I removed, because he wasn't positively received.If anyone is interested it is "Haber process".

For the interested video.

Posted (edited)

+2
,because you did some serious math over there and i think its a pretty good concept, also this would be suited when the devs introduce the concept of upgrading items, and thank you for the credit ,it means a lot me :) 

Edited by TMarcher74

16 hours ago, Igoooor said:

I like the idea to have better versions of things for late game, so thumbs up for the general idea.

Some details:

- I would settle it more late game, so I would require some resources that needs a common gas

- soil tank an silo are underwhelming when comparing to M storage with canisters (except for the price)

- how would you control whether silo and tank are loaded or unloaded?

Thanks! I think I will multiply the storage of the Tank by 4 and the Silo by 3, change the plastic in the recipe to silicone, and for the method of loading, I think I would have the control panel have a sequence of windows. The first choosing the amount of soil, with splitter-like controls, the second choosing the windows and the third choosing the amount of resources you want, while displaying the speed at which it can go at that amount.

10 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

+2
,because you did some serious math over there and i think its a pretty good concept, also this would be suited when the devs introduce the concept of upgrading items, and thank you for the credit ,it means a lot me :) 

You are welcome! It also means alot to me that you approve of this.

15 hours ago, Marcin7667 said:

I like your idea, but whether these new canisters will have a measure like a centrifuge (old). I really like the ability to choose the amount of material he wants to receive. As for the lateryte is a not good idea, because you could get it on every planet, and a little broke the game. It used to be that all minerals could be obtained in a centrifuge. In my opinion it should be written in ppm (wiki) as the amount of material (it like with gases) and each planet should have its own unique mineral to obtain in the centrifuge.

All the other centrifuge resources are universal too, so I dont really see a problem. You can get a lot more laterite from caves, especially on harder planets, while you need 3 canisters for 1 piece of aluminium.

Version 2

XL Soil Centrifuge
 Research Cost: 6.250 Bytes
Material Cost: 2x Silicone & 2x Tungsten Carbide
Size: XL
Power Consumption: 8 Units/Second
Upgrade Cost From Normal Centrifuge: 1x Silicone, 1x Quartz, and 2x Tungsten

Description:
An Upgraded version of the regular soil centrifuge that rewards you for producing in small amounts.

Visuals:
-Circumference of the extra large storage
-Has 2 counter rotating centrifuges. One with 8 capsules (like the existing one) and another outside it with 16 capsules
-A medium slot for taking soil from Canisters, Tanks and Soil Silos
Can hold 6 canisters or 1/2 Tank of soil

Produced Resources (Up to)
24x Compound/4 Compound Per Canister
24x Resin/4 Resin Per Canister
18x Clay/3 Clay Per Canister
12x Quartz/2 Quartz Per Canister
6x Graphite/1 Graphite Per Canister
3x Ammonium /1 Ammonium Per 2 Considers
[New]2x Laterite/1 Laterite Per 3 Canisters
Same Soil to Resource Ratio as the existing centrifuge.

New Systems
You can choose how much of one resource you need, if you need it to be made as quick as possible while also saving soil and power.

The less resources you make, the faster the centrifuge goes, by following this equation.
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.005xr)]p
X = fully powered centrifuge speed (Roughly 30 seconds)
R = amount of resources being made
P = Power being received

Examples:
You make 5/6 pieces of graphite at 7/8 Units/Second. The equation would be
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.005x(5))]7
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.025x)]7
[0.1x +0.1x]7
0.2x * 7
1.4X
The speed in this situation would be a good ways higher than in a regular soil centrifuge.

You make 24 pieces of resin at 8 Units/Second. The equation would be
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.005x(24)]8
[0.1x +(0.125x - 0.120x)]8
[0.1x + 0.005x]8
0.105x * 8
0.84x
Slower than a regular centrifuge, but with 2.5x more resin every second of production.

The reason for this equation in the module is to balance the resource production. I didnt want mass producing resources to be the only point of having this module, so I nerfed mass production while buffing small resource collection.

Items to go along with this:

Soil Tank
Research cost: 1,000 Bytes
Material cost: 1x Resin & 1x Plastic
Use: can hold 12 canisters full of soil
-can transfer soil from canisters through a small slot

Soil Silo
Research cost: 2,500 Bytes
Material Cost: 1x Plastic & 1x Silicone
Use: can hold 36 canisters full of soil
-can transfer soil from canisters and tanks through a medium slot

If I did anything wrong, or if I could balance anything better, OR if you have an add-on suggestions, please comment.The