GrandmaL58103

Running in place / stuck on nothing

Lately i have been I have been running around and then stop for no reason my character still looks like it is running though if i jump I continue on running around this only started in the last few weeks after I went to glacio even when the ground is flat I still get stuck I play on the Xbox

If my memory serves, if I'm not mistaken, what you are experiencing is the (fake) effects of wind. I think I remember there being two planets that have this *feature*? 
There may be other Astroneers here that have/remember more details.

IDK about "fake wind", but I do tend to experience this anytime I am on or near the North or South pole of a planet that isn't Sylva.

13 minutes ago, Gina said:

IDK about "fake wind", but I do tend to experience this anytime I am on or near the North or South pole of a planet that isn't Sylva.

I don't know *G* I've got this feeling that I remember it from somewhere. I think it is just two planets? I think it is designed to simulate wind. Maybe it was introduced in 2018? 
Maybe I'm outa my mind?!?!?!? But I thought I remember reading about it some time ago. 

Wind storms used to slow the player's walking but this is not simulated wind. This is the player getting stuck on invisible objects. I'm experiencing it on only one planet (Novus) but it's gone from happening occasionally in a certain area to constantly and everywhere I go to the point of making the game unplayable. Sometimes it corrects itself immediately, causing the player to stutter as they try to walk, and sometimes you can just run up against an invisible barrier forever.

Update: I've learned to work around the bug by constantly jumping instead of walking on Novus. The stuttering also slows the player down when sliding down a ramp, sometimes enough to stop a slide completely.

I've been searching every planet for fireworks so I've been working my way planet by planet
On every planet this happens
At every LZ this happens
It happens at nearly every step

It rarely happened before but now it has reached an extreme level

I've noticed this too on Novus. Not sure if the issue is the same as the OP, but it sounds symptomatically the same.
Also, when I open my backpack inventory (Q), the bottom printer section shows the input and output both as trembling all around. This has only happened to me on Novus so far, but is consistent with the character getting "stuck" while walking/running around. No drop in frames.

I'll add a video if I can this evening.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-7400
NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
8 GB Memory
Linux Mint 19.1
Steam Proton 4.11