croc dog

[Merged] Bugged Soil Centrifuge - Can't remove resources

BUG CONFIRMED.

Downloaded the game update today from Steam. Then, re: soil centrifuge:

1. Existing soil centrifuge would not load from soil full (green light) canister. Connected, clicked into place, no action, light on canister remained green.

2. Control panel for soil centrifuge is ... weird. The lines are missing from the SOIL histogram, and all of the elements are at x0.

3. Built a new soil centrifuge. It worked! Loaded soil canister. Chose to make Graphite. Working! And then ... BUG! Centrifuge finished condensing Graphite, but wouldn't turn right side up. I can see it there, pointing down. Can't click on it, or remove it. And now the new soil centrifuge is locked up just like points [1.] and [2.].

PLEASE FIX! Thanks.

Astroneer_SoilCentrifuge_bug.jpg

Summary:
1.3.11.0 - Steam - Soil Centrifuge doesn't load soil, doesn't release resources when done

Description:
Downloaded the game update today from Steam. Then, re: soil centrifuge:
1. Existing soil centrifuge would not load from soil full (green light) canister. Connected, clicked into place, no action, light on canister remained green.
2. Control panel for soil centrifuge is ... weird. The lines are missing from the SOIL histogram, and all of the elements are at x0.
3. Built a new soil centrifuge. It worked! Loaded soil canister. Chose to make Graphite. Working! And then ... BUG! Centrifuge finished condensing Graphite, but wouldn't turn right side up. I can see it there, pointing down. Can't click on it, or remove it. And now the new soil centrifuge is locked up just like point [1.].

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 64GB (4 x 16GB) 2400 (PC4 19200) 
Drive: SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 (SSD)

Astroneer_SoilCentrifuge_bug.jpg

Posted (edited)

Same here - also my buddies in both multiplayer and singleplayer.
The inability of downgrading on steam is really annoying, too - I took the day of to play astroneer, but this is gamebreaking :(
I guess someone is gonna clean the kitchen instead :/

Edit: typo

Edited by -rg.

Restarting the game stop working for me :/
It did so yesterday, no luck today.

Posted (edited)

This should've been an edit:

The centrifuge works as expected when you place it on a large platform b and have a medium storage on either side. Appearently it needs to 'auto-eject' the resources now.

@Moderators: if this is something youre supposed to 'figure out', feel free to delete this comment.

Edited by -rg.

Posted (edited)

This should've been an edit:

The centrifuge works as expected when you place it on a large platform b and have a medium storage on either side. Appearently it needs to 'auto-eject' the resources now.

@Moderators: if this is something youre supposed to 'figure out', feel free to delete this comment.

Edited by -rg.

I'm having the same problem.  The centrifuge completes but doesn't turn up, so you cannot get your materials.

This is a known bug.  Hopefully, it's patched soon.  To bypass this problem, put your Soil Centrifuge on a platform with adequate storage for it to unload to. 

This only further reinforces my stance against the Large A platform 😒The first thing I do in any new save is to go pop as many bytes on bushes and rocks as I can until I get to 500 so  I can unlock the Large B.  Only then do I start printing machinery.  

This is a known bug. Hopefully, it's patched soon. To bypass this problem, put your Soil Centrifuge on a platform with adequate storage for it to unload to.

This is a known bug. Hopefully, it's patched soon. To bypass this problem, put your Soil Centrifuge on a platform with adequate storage for it to unload to.

yeah this happens to me too, for all resources. if i'm lucky, it will be in the front, otherwise i have to exit to menu and reload the save. i hope they fix this before i get a second copy to play multiplayer...

After the latest update, the soil cetrifuge does not release its production after the cycle.  I have removed it from the platform and re-inserted it, but it remains stuck. I have also created a second unit with the same results.

I'm having problems with the centrifugal the resources get stuck under it when finalized and it only becomes normal when it left and I enter the game

20190721162230_1.jpg

I had the same issue and this solution worked for me thanks!

Advanced issues found

On 7/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, -rg. said:

I tried thinking a bit and found that if you use a large B platform the features go to the spaces on the sides

Playing on Steam

Mouse and keyboard

Loaded centrifuge on large platform A, filled with soil and selected COMPOUND.  After crafting is completed all 8 COMPOUND remain inverted within the centrifuge inaccessible.

I can confirm other reports that when a full centrifuge is loaded onto a "Large Platform B" the Centrifuge animation will play, flipping over the full canisters of Compound and discharging them onto the 4 spare platform slots.