Lets say you want to travel from the same point A to the same point B all the time. Obviously, you would use a vehicle but right now, they are too slow and the terrain too bumby for this to happen fast. The next update's paver will improve the speed by allowing you to make a super smooth path and cut through mountains and stuff (very cool). Still,the vehicles are going to be slow. There are currently vehicles very good for exploring(explorer) and gathering materials and researh pods(the rest) but not for travelling from point A to point B efficiently. I suggest that a system similar to a hyperloop be implemented with three main parts.

1. The creation of a track with something like a paver which lays down the track behind you

2. An engine which could be the only part of the hyperloop and it could be used just for really fast transport

3. A storage trailer for item transportation. Every added item decreases the speed by a little and every added trailer decreases the speed by 2 meters/second. The starting speed of the engine is 10 meterd/second which isn't unreasonable given that it's on a track and in a mostly straight line. And lastly, it could be run by organic, carbon and hydrazine.

+1

Did you know your can equip a thruster to your rover? I hope that solves your problem for now. But yes as you said something which would go faster would be useful (something that drinks hell lot of power from your base).

Edited by TMarcher74

No, because if i stick a thruster on my rover, it will be very hard to control. What i am suggesting has a set route that can't go off track. If i did what you suggest i would be flying all over the place from one pebble. Also, why can i only use rocket fuel to go from one place to another?

21 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

+1

Did you know your can equip a thruster to your rover? I hope that solves your problem for now. But yes as you said something which would go faster would be useful (something that drinks hell lot of power from your base).

If you have a good area to use it, this actually works well!

There is a similar, larger post that I would like for you to see...