Sign in to follow this  
lizzie.fox

Buggies Vanishing (PC)

My husband and I were playing multiplayer (Steam, PC) and both of our buggies disappeared within a couple seconds of each other. I was streaming at the time (video is here) so I can show you the footage. At 1:14 into the stream you see me park my buggy and go down into the cave. Around 1:16 the game starts acting really funny (my terrain tool kept going even after I released click, then I suddenly died for no apparent reason at 1:17). At 1:18 you see my buggy still where I parked it, and my husband's buggy at the bottom of the next ramp. At 1:24  you see my husband's rover still parked at the bottom of the ramp, but a few seconds later I reach the top of the ramp and mine is gone (I didn't realize at first). At 1:25 I peer down and my husband's has now disappeared as well. We checked and they were not back at the base, nor were they in the ground where they had disappeared. :( They seem to have just vanished.

Stream Recording: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456502093

The death was normal. Fart cloud plant got you. Could hear and see the gas.

The buggys... I'm assuming they got hit with the falling through the ground bug that seems to be really bad right now. Particularly in multiplayer. Usually it's when you dig or smooth near them that they visably fall through the ground and disappear into caves below, or right to the core of the planet sometimes. I suspect that being multiplayer it amplified that bug for when you were digging in the caves. Or something like that. Sinking items is far too common right not. Tractors, buggies, even tables all fall. Even in my stable solo games it happens.

When you dig anywhere near your buggie it can get swollen by the ground, this has happened to me before..