Sign in to follow this  
T0efL

Need more storage?

I move to new apartment!! YEAH!!!

Alright!! I bring some idea again and also, I make some samples for easily to look!

When we play Astroneer, we feel need more storage when we get resources other far places or deep underground.

So! Here is what I think! This equipment called "Toolbox".kit3.thumb.png.ccac2dcc71a882d4829d8028df050401.png

I want to design like hard case. so I add iron stick for cover all side of box. 

You can easily to grab and lay down! Just press "G".

After lay down the Toolbox, you can open it to press "F".

1030462735_toolkit1.thumb.png.788148a37918525fe4e369645e631b0d.png

This is the toolbox's inside. If there are nothing, that green light going to be red or orange.

I also want to add disadvantage for this model. Because.... I don't know!! haha maybe, for fun! 

so what I think is this toolbox has to charge.

You can open and close for 4 times (one movement use one floor of battery). After the battery is gone, that box is automatically closed.

And one more!!!! (Sorry guys :D)

It's not disadvantage actually.

This toolbox can put only equipment! not any resources!2095543511_kitfinal.thumb.png.b485dbaad0c29c2cb8853f48271822e1.png

That's it! Hope you guys enjoy it and if you guys have any feedback or more ideas, Please tell me! Thanks!

209067912_astroneerwork1.thumb.jpg.37d48a761ae1348a5970f73cedb1ae29.jpg

Posted (edited)

I really like the model, but don't see any real in-game value yet...

Maybe:

Items inside the box count as in players storage (but not connected to player tool) and the player can use his tool and sprint while carrying the box.

So grab a box of tethers and start moving... Or a box of battery and oxygen ;)

There should be a possibility to store those on regular platforms - like a 2/3-slot toolbox shelve as medium sized item

Edited by Igoooor

Maybe you should get rid of the middle wall and arrange the items diagonal on the sides that they would actually fit inside the box...

Brilliant! Amazing! Thanks for sharing! This, this is why modders need access. 

I love the concept however I would change just one thing. I would have the tool box be more of a "IPAD" type device. It would be used in conjunction with a special/unique platform that only the "IPAD" and platform can communicate. Whatever resources, mods, canisters, seeds, etc.) is on the platform can be 'transferred' to the toolbox. 

So rather than a tool box that can hold "X" amount of items. It could be more of a teleportation device that could transport items (resources, mods, tethers, lights, packaged items, gasses, etc.) from this 'unique' platform. You and the 'platform' could be on different planets or the same planet. 

Again amazing work and thanks for sharing!

+0.5 (Is it even allowed? idk) , the problem is that it does not have a purpose, I think I can fit all the equipments in my backpack itself instead of carrying the "TOOLBOX" ,you got a good way to represent your ideas ,good job , I loved the design but again it does not fit in with astroneer's unique design ☝️👍👏

8 hours ago, Igoooor said:

I really like the model, but don't see any real in-game value yet...

Maybe:

Items inside the box count as in players storage (but not connected to player tool) and the player can use his tool and sprint while carrying the box.

So grab a box of tethers and start moving... Or a box of battery and oxygen ;)

There should be a possibility to store those on regular platforms - like a 2/3-slot toolbox shelve as medium sized item

@Igoooor Yeah, I'm trying to add value in box by photoshop, but it's still awkward...

And that was one of the biggest problem while I make this toolbox. Toolbox is almost same size as backpack, so user have to lay down their toolbox before character start to digging. However, your idea can solve this problem!

Thanks for feedback!

2 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Brilliant! Amazing! Thanks for sharing! This, this is why modders need access. 

I love the concept however I would change just one thing. I would have the tool box be more of a "IPAD" type device. It would be used in conjunction with a special/unique platform that only the "IPAD" and platform can communicate. Whatever resources, mods, canisters, seeds, etc.) is on the platform can be 'transferred' to the toolbox. 

So rather than a tool box that can hold "X" amount of items. It could be more of a teleportation device that could transport items (resources, mods, tethers, lights, packaged items, gasses, etc.) from this 'unique' platform. You and the 'platform' could be on different planets or the same planet. 

Again amazing work and thanks for sharing!

@The Touch of Grey Gamer That is wonderful idea! Thanks for feedback!

1 hour ago, TMarcher74 said:

+0.5 (Is it even allowed? idk) , the problem is that it does not have a purpose, I think I can fit all the equipments in my backpack itself instead of carrying the "TOOLBOX" ,you got a good way to represent your ideas ,good job , I loved the design but again it does not fit in with astroneer's unique design ☝️👍👏

@TMarcher74 Thanks for feedback!

I can get different idea after I read your comment! Please look forward to next work!

1 hour ago, T0efL said:

@TMarcher74 Thanks for feedback!

I can get different idea after I read your comment! Please look forward to next work!

Of course I shall always look forward for your work, they are awesome.