Odd Stone Lost Trapped in Gateway Chamber

massfed

1. Give us as much information about the bug as possible:
    1. Mouse/keyboard? Controller? Mouse / Keboard
    2. Steam? Xbox? Steam
    3. What were you doing leading up to this bug? trying to start my first gateway engine
    4. Any steps that we can take to reproduce the bug on our end is appreciated

Planet : Glacio

It's my first time trying to start a gateway engine, so i drove my rover down to the  core of Glacio with a diamond. I parked my rover on the outside of the engine. Placed the diamond in the engine and was given an odd stone. It's my first time so I had no idea what to do with the thing, so i aimed at one of the three things i put the diamond in, still standing kind of in the middle. It looked like it snapped in to the side (not the one with the slot just one of the other sides of it) so I clicked. Poof the odd stone is gone and now im trapped with no way to unlock my gate or leave. It's a real bummer too, because as far as I know I cant get out with the shields up? Any suggestions , I am a considerable number of hours into the game at this point, and it doesn't allow for multiple saves as far as I can tell, so there is no way for me to keep playing other than restart, or pray and wait for something to fix it?

Really would recommend fixing something that major pretty quickly (and ideally encase anything like that happens in the future putting in some fail safes), because i was quite enjoying the game and and have a couple of friends who have been thinking about getting it. I was about to start telling them how much I have been enjoying it,but any game that makes you restart 20 hrs in, I cant recommend and just wont survive in the long run.

Ya just messed around for 20 minutes, no way out of the core, utterly frustrating. I guess im at the mercy of the devs to patch it, and cant play again until they do.

You should have to solve a Gateway Chamber on the Surface before you can enter the core.  Once you're in the core, you input 1 of the required resources into the receptacle that as the resource's icon on top.  This will produce a Geometric Tryptic and engage the barrier.  Once you go to the other side of the core, there's a receptacle for the Tryptic.  Place it, then the barrier will disappear and an Odd Stone will emerge from the floor.

I feel like you may have confused a Tryptic for an Odd Stone.

Sure a tryptic is what i am missing. I am in the core in the center of the planet, I received a tryptic, which triggered the force field to go up. Now im in the middle with the force-field up, unable to leave in a 20 pace by 20 pace chamber you can walk up the walls. It was given the key in the middle of the three pedestals, attempted to put it into one of the sides of the 3 pedestals (not the correct one once you walk up the walls to the ceiling) it snapped in and poofed away. Force fields leaving me trapped, and with no odd-stone left to unlock it. More than happy to try to upload some pictures.

Edited by massfed

Best I could do on a picture to get the whole room, but no Geometric Trypic to get me out. And as far as i know, there is no emergency way to get back or revert the save that anyone knows of?

image.thumb.png.3d7e3774cac9f8888dc06ae929a2960c.png

16 hours ago, massfed said:

And as far as i know, there is no emergency way to get back or revert the save that anyone knows of?

Correct, as far as I know. 

So I guess the receptacles in the core will just dissolve anything you put in them.  Obviously this is dangerous, as you've soft locked your game.

Potential solution...have someone join you and bring you 2 of the resource you need to unlock this planet.  They should be able to drop it through the barrier.  Put the resource in one of the 3 receptacles, then place the tryptic on what is your ceiling in the photo above.  Use the second resource for an extra tryptic to complete your quest.

If you don't know anyone with the game, you might be able to recruit some help on the Astroneer Discord. https://discord.gg/Astroneer

Read the rules, click the ✅, then go to the #role_assignment channel and click the Steam icon at the top of the page.  This will unlock #player_search_steam.

That seems pretty game breaking glitch. And i have no clear path to the core, or a ton of spare resources for diamonds or rovers sitting around, so its going to be a ton of work for a stranger. Pretty disappointed they would leave a glitch that bad around. 

@massfed, in testing it, that can't be reproduced.  I wanted to clarify what happened, please let me know if anything happened any differently

• You provided 26+ units of power to a Gateway Chamber on the surface of Glacio then traveled to the core
  • There was no barrier on the core
  • You entered the core and put the diamond in one of the three receptacles with a diamond icon on top
  • The Gateway Engine produced a Geometric Tryptich from the floor in the middle of the three diamond-icon receptacles (this is a small to medium sized purple object)
  • The barrier engaged
  • You placed the Tryptich in one of the three diamond-icon receptacles also, instead of placing it on the receptacle on the other side
  • The diamond-icon Receptacle consumed the tryptic
  • You were trapped

Seems about right, the only thing I would point out specifically was the odd angle that I placed the tryptich into the receptacle at. I'm not even sure it was into the slot itself, I came at it from one of the sides that didn't have a slot and it kinda snapped in so i clicked. 

Just loaded up my game to take a look and i can actually freely click to drop any item into the pink area around the receptacles and it poofs.

Hahaha that's a good gif. Still a bit frustrated I'm at the mercy of the devs to fix me up somehow, but amused none the less!

Also, have you determined whether it deletes the items or just moves them elsewhere?

• 9 months later...

So this did happen to me last night.  I had a second person join my game and come down to the core with the required element.  You can grab items outside of the barrier.  To get it through you have to glitch it through by changing your view into the core.  Start by looking from the outside of the barrier into the core.  Grab the item and bring it to the barrier.  While doing that shift your view to look from the inside of the barrier to the outside.