JDracup

Suggestion: Shred Repackaged Vehicles and Larger Items

The Issue:

In my playstyle, I rush to get to two or three planets to get enough supplies to build Habitats, RTGs and Large Rovers - leaving behind a pile of tractor/trailers and messily thrown about platforms and junk. Once I have the capability of building a proper base, I'd like to get rid of all the stuff I no longer use. Currently I have to repackage it and either stack it up on a storage rack or else dump it into a giant hole and cover it up....

Suggested Fix: 

The Solution:

We already have the XL Shredder in game; it would be great if you could repackage larger items (shuttles, vehicles, larger base modules and platforms, etc) and drop them in the shredder. Perhaps later on a "recycler" could be implemented so you get some of the complex components back, but for now it would be useful just to get scrap  back and clear all the unused garbage out of your base area. 

I think the Recycler would be a great idea, maybe like choosing half of the resources used to make it resources to salvage while turning it into the wrecked version of the item?

41 minutes ago, Slipsonic said:

I think the Recycler would be a great idea, maybe like choosing half of the resources used to make it resources to salvage while turning it into the wrecked version of the item?

That would be neat; if a recycler gives you components back, maybe then shred the destroyed item and lower the amount of scrap you get for balance. My personal issue is just having a way to dispose of stuff you no longer need (but that can't currently be shredded).

On 7/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, JDracup said:

That would be neat; if a recycler gives you components back, maybe then shred the destroyed item and lower the amount of scrap you get for balance. My personal issue is just having a way to dispose of stuff you no longer need (but that can't currently be shredded).

+1