Diantane

Other use for Portable Oxygenator

Few players have used to Portable Oxygenator on their backpacks. I used it myself for about a month, but went with a better option derived from that experience. But it doesn't stop there. You can mount a Portable Oxygenator on any vehicle instead of the regular oxygenator when space is a problem. Its just far more expensive to build. To turn the Portable Oxygenator on while on a vehicle, you can either hook it to the vehicle's widget or anywhere else and activating it by clicking on it, pressing and holding the F key until it starts. Then you can tether out from the vehicle.

Um, I may be way out in left field here but, my vehicles provide me with oxygen without an oxygenator on them. 
I've never put an oxygenator portable or otherwise on a vehicle as vehicles produce their own oxygen.

Or am I missing the point all together? Coppery gave it a +1 which makes me think I'm missing something here

37 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Um, I may be way out in left field here but, my vehicles provide me with oxygen without an oxygenator on them. 
I've never put an oxygenator portable or otherwise on a vehicle as vehicles produce their own oxygen.

Or am I missing the point all together? Coppery gave it a +1 which makes me think I'm missing something here

Vehicles provide oxygen like the habitat provides oxygen, as long as you're next to it you're fine, but if you try to attach a tether it won't connect until there is an Oxygenator present.  I don't typically have a need to tether off of a vehicle, so it isn't much of an issue.

TY *G*! 
I must not tether off a vehicle either then. I think I just drive to where I want to be? Now I don't even remember. Thinking about it a bit longer I guess I really don't tether off a vehicle. I wonder if I'm in the majority or minority?

I find it rare to tether off a vehicle, but it can be useful for caving with trucks, sometimes you just want to have a central-ish point and not move the truck and tether out maybe 1 or 2, just to get the edges of the resource nodes.

I have done lots of cave exploration using a rover (with an oxygenator attached) as the source for my tether line. I drive out and find a cave, park the rover, drop a beacon (so I can find the cave again in the future), and run a line down. I generally have an RTG on the same rover to power the oxygenator, and it also supplies power to the tether line for mining/exploring with various attachments on the terrain tool. The oxygenator uses the same amount of power whether it is on your rover or your backpack so having a reliable power source is necessary unless you want to run out of air when you are deep down in a cave.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:49 PM, Gina said:

Vehicles provide oxygen like the habitat provides oxygen, as long as you're next to it you're fine, but if you try to attach a tether it won't connect until there is an Oxygenator present.  I don't typically have a need to tether off of a vehicle, so it isn't much of an issue.

correct

There are some places where I just wanna walk...especially if I find a cave entrance. I always remember tethering off my rover back in the good old days...and since Nanocarbon Alloy is easy to come by once you have the gases, I would TOTALLY make a Portable Oxygenator for this purpose.

Anyway, Gina wins the time prize...and with that, congratulation from the great Astorneer...if only I won it...I wonder I would be congratulated with "TY *C*" but probably not.....

On 7/27/2019 at 9:59 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I wonder if I'm in the majority or minority?

There's only one way to find out.....a poll...

https://linkto.run/p/YQHAFU7B

On 8/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, Gina said:

I don't follow you, @CopperyMarrow15...

🤔

You don't follow me... I don't get it... Is it a joke or do you not understand something?

On 8/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Damn Straight! 😉🤙

hehehe

The poll so far:

image.thumb.png.5a77c1c4b3e2f94d6d814ee70fc6bb74.png

...and yes...I voted... :3