Sign in to follow this  
Clancyyy

Elevation numbers and titles not showing on multiplayer

Only the host of the game can see the elevation names and numbers. People who join the game cannot see them and have to simply guess when teleporting.

3 minutes ago, Clancyyy said:

Only the host of the game can see the elevation names and numbers. People who join the game cannot see them and have to simply guess when teleporting.

I've seen references to this numbering before, what does it mean? Are the teleporters always labelled for hosts in MP? 

I don't understand the 'simply guess' thing either. They're in fixed positions so there's no guesswork. 

Just now, Blind Io said:

I've seen references to this numbering before, what does it mean? Are the teleporters always labelled for hosts in MP? 

I don't understand the 'simply guess' thing either. They're in fixed positions so there's no guesswork. 

Each elevation is numbered 1-6. Only the host in MP can hover over them and actually see which is which. For other players, when you hover over them, nothing happens. The host can note down where specific numbers lead. But other players don't know which is which. We have to find out by actually teleporting through them. And by this time, it could be too late, which would mean you would have to teleport back and try again.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Clancyyy said:

Each elevation is numbered 1-6. Only the host in MP can hover over them and actually see which is which. For other players, when you hover over them, nothing happens. The host can note down where specific numbers lead. But other players don't know which is which. We have to find out by actually teleporting through them. And by this time, it could be too late, which would mean you would have to teleport back and try again.

Weird that they'd give them numbers at all... Thanks though. 

But this doesn't make sense to me, sorry. The layout is always like this, with North on the right, so you can just say 'north' or 'top' or 'back' or whatever instead of a number. 

SPOILER_unknown.png

zxph6z3.png

Edited by Blind Io

19 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Weird that they'd give them numbers at all... Thanks though. 

But this doesn't make sense to me, sorry. The layout is always like this, with North on the right, so you can just say 'north' or 'top' or 'back' or whatever instead of a number. 

SPOILER_unknown.png

zxph6z3.png

Thank you for this. It helps a ton!