TMarcher74

Holy crap, mods help this poor forum.

Posted (edited)

What do you call this , SPAM ?
@Gina(I had to ping you since you are the only active mod I know in this forum)

Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 4.16.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 4.22.04 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 4.22.15 PM.png

Edited by TMarcher74

Yes it's spam, two pages on mobile version, it is a joke?

I didn't want to do a new post. I wrote on another, with the same problem. 

It was a good idea to add a feature to report a post for verification, but I would admit that the deputy moderator would be a good idea.

1 hour ago, Marcin7667 said:

It was a good idea to add a feature to report a post for verification, but I would admit that the deputy moderator would be a good idea.

Such a feature exists already.

vivaldi_1801x251_aUicysmR6t.thumb.png.bd5662409b83d67eb1bd4d6f6f4934bd.png

Those spam bots are nothing new, please simply report one of their posts and a moderator will take care of them asap.

The staff list isn't up-to-date either. For a long time I've been the only active moderator here, with Gina having joined recently to help out in the forums too. Though either way, you merely have to report posts so that any moderator or admin can react.

5 minutes ago, Marcin7667 said:

Thanks @Wyvyrias, I use phone and I don't see such an option, but thanks now I know that on computer version I can report a post.

vivaldi_724x170_P0gIoKjPDi.png.461dc20ff60e8160bf078be7eb7a7662.png

It should be on the mobile version too. The forum is responsive after all.

@Marcin7667
To point it out again, you only need to report a single post of a spam bot, usually if multiple are present, even then a single one is enough (cause they're easy to spot anyway). Making multiple reports only floods the queue, the bots get completely purged on the press of a button anyway. Just as reminder.

Nah, it's all linked to the same account. And spam bots only have one fate: An instant ban.

This only showcases the state of abandonment in which this forum is currently at. Such a shame...

AGREED

I don't want to say the same things over again because I already made another post about it:

On 7/5/2019 at 6:04 AM, Marcin7667 said:

Yes it's spam, two pages on mobile version, it is a joke?

I didn't want to do a new post. I wrote on another, with the same problem. 

I'm curious just as much as infuriated with these people... First, it's varunji02, whom I reported and made a topic about...Martimus then appeared to supporting them in a strange manner...then it was tinkerbell251...and just now someone else struck. I think he got banned right then and there...thankfully

Friends, I'm afraid we have ourselves a bad case of........THE ARCHMAGES
(at least that's what Martimus called them)

On 7/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, TMarcher74 said:

Thanks for the confirmation @Marcin7667.
Now @Gina you might consider making more mods for this forum, maybe @CopperyMarrow15 if he accepts (as he has 300+ posts), or anyone you think who might be eligible for this role.

@Gina,
As far as moderators, we only have 2 active (oof); other ones are out there somewhere... @Martin ?????? *echo*
As far as me becoming a moderator (I would totally accept 😛  I just want the custom tag lol...), there are others that I would expect to suit the job much better:

• @vvhorus , When I first came on, I actually thought he was a moderator because he had many posts and spoke like one...lol
  • @Marcin7667, logical and explains things well
  • @The Touch of Grey Gamer, logical, fun, MANY posts

Note that this took quite a while to write...

Thanks @CopperyMarrow15, but not suitable in a moderator, if you want it I can be a moderator for some trial period. I'm helping on forum, but I'm not always active. On average I'm good for this role, but thanks for the distinction.

I shall make no comments on who is suitable to be a moderator and who is not, but we don't exactly need more moderators right now anyway. There's rarely any urgent matters and most of the time when an actual report (outside of spam bot reports) happens, it's very opinionated and gives no reason to take any actions whatsoever. Do remember, not liking what someone is writing isn't necessarily breaking any rules.

And yes, we moderators don't exactly have any direct power to promote or demote anyone, but Joe certainly promotes people based on recommendations. Gina was promptly made a moderator once I've passed that suggestion as well.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:55 AM, Blind Io said:

Well, I don't feel left out at all 😉

lol... I thought you were a mod already too... so yes... you're on my list now :D

That list was also real helpful....but why are all these random people administrators?

image.png.d36203d03951d6f81ce7960091effb68.png   

On 7/12/2019 at 4:04 AM, Marcin7667 said:

Thanks @CopperyMarrow15, but not suitable in a moderator, if you want it I can be a moderator for some trial period. I'm helping on forum, but I'm not always active. On average I'm good for this role, but thanks for the distinction.

a prime example of

On 7/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

logical and explains things well

On 7/12/2019 at 4:04 AM, Marcin7667 said:

I'm helping on forum, but I'm not always active.

The same goes for me.

18 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Joe certainly promotes people based on recommendations. Gina was promptly made a moderator once I've passed that suggestion as well.

...so Joe actually listens???????????????????????? (I won't dare ping him...)

Joe... *echo*  If you're out there... just leave one reply to this thread... one..... simple..... reply.....

2 hours ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

lol... I thought you were a mod already too... so yes... you're on my list now :D

That list was also real helpful....but why are all these random people administrators?

image.png.d36203d03951d6f81ce7960091effb68.png   

😜

That's:

The default admin account for the forum, Aaron, Gene, an account for forum designers Invision, and someone else.