Modify crane controls and functionality to make it easier and have a larger role in the player's game.

Tab: Cycles bewteen vehicle seats (Including the crane)

Longer crane.

Optional top-down view when using the crane or a freemode camera (With limited travel distance)

yeah, the crane is pretty useless right now - sadly. i agree it direly needs some rebalancing.

Tab: cycle between seats is not a good apporach. since WASD keys do nothing in the crane seat it should be change to additionally work as a driver seat - there is no controls collision as far as i can see it. besides, this is even how real excavators are controlled - crane and vehicle controls are handled from the same seat.

Range: yeah, it's annoying that the terrain tools even has more range. the crane needs a buff in this departament. on the other hand the terrain tool could use a nerf, maybe just by adding a new range-mod which when installed extends the range to the current level - while the stock tool would have noticeably less rage. another mod also means more slot occupied. so you couldn't combine boost + wide + drill 3 mods with the range mod at the same time. suddenly we would have meaningful choice in the tools mod setup. 

Anyhow, made a suggestion for the crane not so long ago:

Oh, and if you want to have a more interesting gameplay, try to play with one rule: never research any drill mods for the terrain tool. that makes later gameplay quite a bit more interesting because you will often find yourself in a situation where resources you want to mine are on hard terrain. in such a situation the crane suddenly becomes a very useful tool.

54 minutes ago, Killtech said:

Oh, and if you want to have a more interesting gameplay, try to play with one rule: never research any drill mods for the terrain tool. that makes later gameplay quite a bit more interesting because you will often find yourself in a situation where resources you want to mine are on hard terrain. in such a situation the crane suddenly becomes a very useful tool.

Actually that's how it was before in the early access, the hard soil(black soil) could be mined using the crane only but now you got drill mods and stuff which ruin the use of cranes.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, Killtech said:

Tab: cycle between seats is not a good apporach. since WASD keys do nothing in the crane seat it should be change to additionally work as a driver seat - there is no controls collision as far as i can see it. besides, this is even how real excavators are controlled - crane and vehicle controls are handled from the same seat.

Range: yeah, it's annoying that the terrain tools even has more range. the crane needs a buff in this departament. on the other hand the terrain tool could use a nerf, maybe just by adding a new range-mod which when installed extends the range to the current level - while the stock tool would have noticeably less rage. another mod also means more slot occupied. so you couldn't combine boost + wide + drill 3 mods with the range mod at the same time. suddenly we would have meaningful choice in the tools mod setup. 

AGREED

There are some things that have never changed since the very first release of the game: Teather Bundle, Small Battery (until 1.2 when they made it slightly shorter and changed the lining to blue), Medium Battery (yuck), Power Cells, Oxygen Filters, Small Oxygen Tank (even though it did go through a recipe change (Titanium to Glass) and a name change), Crane (finally), along with some others I can't think of right now...

Being one of these items, it does not fit well in to the game... Imagine if the old Printer were still in the game; it would be weird... Wouldn't it?

Another thing I want with it is for it to actually follow the cursor...