Hello;

I could use some help finding my save game files.

I had to use Windows 10 reset yesterday to recover from and upgrade gone bad.  The pre-reset list noted about 6 programs/apps would be removed (Steam was not one of them), but I was careful and went into Steam and made a complete backup of Astroneer and moved it to a external drive.  I did the reset and of course it removed pretty much all of the programs and apps on my computer, about 25 in all, including Steam.  So I reinstalled everything including Steam, downloaded Astroneer and then restored from the backup.  Guess what no save game files.  And I was 4 gateways away from having everything unlocked.   AAARRRGGGHHH.

I have looked in the "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved" and all there is, is a config file.

Is there any other location or way to find my save files?  I had assumed, obviously incorrectly, that a backup of the game from Steam would include the save files.  

Hoping someone out there has some words of wisdom to help me.  

Your game files are stored locally, not in steam, so if you didn't copy the files in the path you listed above from the C:drive to your external drive, they might really be gone.  You can check your recycling bin, perhaps, but that seems like a bit of a stretch since this was a reset.

6 minutes ago, Gina said:

Your game files are stored locally, not in steam, so if you didn't copy the files in the path you listed above from the C:drive to your external drive, they might really be gone.  You can check your recycling bin, perhaps, but that seems like a bit of a stretch since this was a reset.

Very strange, every other Steam game I have actually stores the save game files with the Steam backup, and actually they all (except Astroneer) store the save game files in Steam itself as I have had to wipe my computer before and all my games and save files came back once the games were reinstalled from Steam.  I have no idea why Astroneer is the exception, but pretty disappointed in the devs for this oversight.