We probable have heard of this before but here I am ,again requesting for geothermal power to be added back into the game,
YES THE GEOTHERMAL POWER GERNERATOR WAS A THING IN THE ALPHA VERSION OF ASTRONEER.

How ever they then had to remove it for... idk for which reason ,if you know then pls ping me.

The geothermal power should be available in the caves only, which would make it easier to build a base in the cave as there is no sunlight or very less wind in the caves, RTGs is a late game thing but I would prefer to stick with natural power, intact I think that RTGs are a game hacker since they don't need any requirements and are overpowered.

I know that this is included in the non essential features but I would recommend to remove it from there and add it to the high priority list.

Also I managed to dig up some old videos/pics of the geothermal power generators.
vwr3tivrlk6y.gif?format=mp4&s=8fe41a82f0

Screenshot 2019-06-30 at 9.04.40 AM.png

250px-Geothermal.jpg

4hVuckll.jpg

2 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

Does anyone know why they were removed?

Probably for balance reasons and that geothermal doesn't make sense for planets that don't have solid, heated core but instead have a hollow area with an alien teleportation device.  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Stenny127 said:

Probably for balance reasons and that geothermal doesn't make sense for planets that don't have solid, heated core but instead have a hollow area with an alien teleportation device.  

Yeah but in the alpha version there wasn't any alien teleportation device as it is now, but yeah I get it ,heat is not yet a thing in Astroneer.
But they should add it, maybe in the future.

Edited by TMarcher74

2 hours ago, Stenny127 said:

I don't remember a balance issue although it was a looong time ago. I disagree about your reason for us not having geothermal. As you mentioned, with the introduction of the one and done purple hype to nowhere thingy, it would be impossible(?) to have what you mentioned, a solid heated core, and thus a geothermal device. However, I would not be put off if we had the ability to have GEO without the proper core, after all, there is energy being expelled currently. Why not allow us to capture it? 

Posted (edited)

They were removed because they were bugged.

As for the heated cores, there are geysers, also most machines produce heat so why wouldn't the Engines.

Edited by Skippy The Magnificent
Grammar

I really like this idea, in my opinion it would be nice to have a new texture of generator. The new generator should be a platform that would be two-stage, similarly mechanics to landing pad. It may resemble somewhat of a cooling tower.🤔

@Skippy The MagnificentI confirm that it was very broken.

It has been removed from game, probably still is in game files, with some name with extension ".uasset". Recently Joe on live stream has summoned an old object from alpha, it means that the medels and their function are still in game, but not available to players. I could be wrong, I would have to see. I would be very positively surprised if they added to the wanderer update.

Posted (edited)

@Marcin7667 obviously most of the people want the geothermal generator in the game (except some who want an actual source of heat) , also its good to hear that that the alpha features are not completely removed, that would also include the storms especially which I am sure is somewhere in the game files (encrypted by them probably) , because it was a huge thing in alpha version.

Edited by TMarcher74

Storms were a nice addition, but they wnerwiały the falling blocks that killed and moved the Rovers. I heard that they have to be pretty different types of storms on each planet, Calidor sand storm, on Glacio icy storm. I wonder how quickly it will be intepleted to game. @TMarcher74 you have a link to the topic.