Posted (edited)

Has anyone considered how there's no good method of moving items around beside your own character?

Me and my friend are often on different planets to each other but we haven't exactly completed the fast travel network yet. sometimes, of course, we run out of a certain type of item that you can't get on whichever planet and so we end up having to give each other items. How?

The shuttle... Yay?

While sure, the shuttles now work brilliantly for interplanetary travel, it's not exactly efficient if you're just dropping something off for another player. I think a great solution for this would be to create a new item transfer platform - Something that lets you send items to other stations across the entire Astroneer solar system. Not only is this extremely useful for sharing items, but it makes it much easier to set up a more permanent base on a different planet. Out of zinc? Get someone on Sylva to send you some. Need some more iron for that extra large platform? Sent.

Ideally the ship that travels with the items could be a separate entity, so if the station already has a ship, it can just be removed. Alternatively this could simply be some kind of teleportation system, but I can see why that wouldn't fit into and EXO environment.

I think this would make a great addition to the game and would like to see it added in future updates somewhere!

Edited by kripticia

@kripticiaMaybe they should make the use of trade platform to trade between platforms of 2 different planets with your friend on the other planet,

OR

They should give us an option to place some resources in a platform on another planet's base and the trade platform should be able to haul the required resources from the platform from the planet's base we choose from.

OR

The gateways should have an option to travel form one planet to another.

For long distance semi-auto transport I've suggested adding an auto-pilot to shuttles...

15 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

The gateways should have an option to travel form one planet to another.

*smirks*

....but they do....

2 hours ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

*smirks*

....but they do....

Oh they do? thanks, haven't seen anyone use it instead of using the shuttles.