Vertical control keybindings for drills

Roope

At the moment, the only way to control the vertical steering of the rover mounted drills is to shift your view up and down. To me, this feels very counter-intuitive. I'd love to be able to control the vertical direction of the drill with either keybindings, or to be able to hold a button which enables you to change vertical direction with your view. Currently, you cannot look around without shifting drill direction, me no likey.

Edited by Roope

yeah i have the same issue with the current controls. for larger rovers with trailers i often have to move the camera into a terrible position inside the vehicle in order to drill upwards - so i can't see anything. it would be great if there was at least a keyboard alternative for this.

4 hours ago, Killtech said:

yeah i have the same issue with the current controls. for larger rovers with trailers i often have to move the camera into a terrible position inside the vehicle in order to drill upwards - so i can't see anything. it would be great if there was at least a keyboard alternative for this.

15 hours ago, Roope said:

At the moment, the only way to control the vertical steering of the rover mounted drills is to shift your view up and down. To me, this feels very counter-intuitive. I'd love to be able to control the vertical direction of the drill with either keybindings, or to be able to hold a button which enables you to change vertical direction with your view. Currently, you cannot look around without shifting drill direction, me no likey.

Since Astroneer uses a 3rd person camera they would like us to use the camera movement for the vertical movement of the drill, maybe if they had an option for 1st person view they might put keybindings then.
Actually I would like a 1st person view ,like viewing through the helmet visor would be pretty cool.