Sign in to follow this  
VX taster

Xbox one x owner...confused

I have a question.  This isn't meant out of spite or any form of malice.  At this point I feel it is a very fair and necessary question.  Does anyone actually play test these patches on Xbox before they release them or are they just ported from Windows and assumed to be ready for launch?  I ask this because of a continuing trend I see from every console game I play that isn't exclusive to the console.  Almost every single patch after official release either fixes nothing substantial or actually causes additional problems.  I have played this game since about 4 months before 1.0 dropped.  Each patch from then until 1.0 addressed basic game function issues and with a few exception enhanced the game in my opinion.  However since 1.0 dropped each patch seems to be either making the game less enjoyable or just flat out making it unplayable.  I have lost well over 200 hours due to Xbox save corruption involving the save system that is used.  Vehicle mechanics have always been iffy but are systematically getting worse ( for an example try using the tractor to drill resources with the new breaking system...which only works while trying to drill...).  I seriously love the concept, art, and overall function of the game itself, I am just at a loss to understand why I see patches dropping and no perceptible change for the better.  It's not just System Era, AAA game publishers have the identical issue, which is why I wonder if the devs are actually sitting down with and actual Xbox  and testing it or if they are emulating one and assuming it's the same, because it isn't.

I also have to wonder if they actually play-test this on an Xbone. I've reached a point in the game where it is unplayable. I honestly can't believe that anyone played this with any substantial progression within the game and found its performance acceptable.

I'd like to point out that that's my main complaint (I have a standard Xbox One). I haven't run into the same save corruption you mentioned and I simply waited for the crane to use the drill. I was unaware of the problems with that until I saw it mentioned in another post.

I think some of the problems with this and other games is that they're built on engines which are purchased and not made by each games developer. I think there would be a lot fewer glitchy, buggy games if companies took the time to create the thing from scratch but they seem either unwilling or unable to do so.

1.0 in general was just a significant step backwards if you ask me, from a performance point of view.  The pre release versions ran way better. The writing was pretty much on the wall when they released a pre alpha version with the test planet running terrain 2.0. That planet was pretty much at an unplayable FPS the minute you landed. I have an Xbox One X and GTX 1080 gaming PC and comparing how the 2 versions run is night and day. I can't even stand to play this game on Xbox at all, even with a starter planet. I really love what they are doing with the game overall, but performance is more important that anything else, and it's just not at a level that they should have been happy releasing the game.

I'm also thinking features were removed between pre alpha and 1.0. Yes I know this can happen, but I'm talking simple things like brightness sliders. I'm almost certain the pre alpha build had a brightness adjuster which is very much needed, especially if you are running HDR. The game is so dark on my LGC7.