I have been playing the game since a little after it was released and have become addicted. Although the game is fun I have a few suggestions; First of all, it would be nice to have a "Keep Inventory" setting. Second, it would be nice to make a creative mode. Thanks!

11 hours ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

Just curious, what do you suppose "creative mode" would entail?

They had a creative mode in which we had a resorce plinth which would grant any resource you wanted for free, maybe we might get something similar to it , i hope they make it easier to use as we have more resources now.

We might also have infinite oxygen and power supply ,mabe even a wall filled with all the colours available in game.

OK, I remember the resource plinth on the "Test Planet" that was part of EA for a while. I spent some time poking around on that planet, but found that the nearly vertical slopes surrounding my base area and the thick trees covering the areas at the tops of the slopes made it a very difficult place to navigate without doing lots of tunneling. I have not done much with the color aspect of the game. Have they worked the bugs out of the attachment that you use to "paint" terrain yet? 

36 minutes ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

OK, I remember the resource plinth on the "Test Planet" that was part of EA for a while. I spent some time poking around on that planet, but found that the nearly vertical slopes surrounding my base area and the thick trees covering the areas at the tops of the slopes made it a very difficult place to navigate without doing lots of tunneling. I have not done much with the color aspect of the game. Have they worked the bugs out of the attachment that you use to "paint" terrain yet? 

Umm what bugs with painting the terrain? , I don't think there are any bugs related to painting the terrain. 

8 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

which bug exactly?

The one that allows it to work? I've tried to get it to work numerous times. I've seen the videos of how they get it to work (all pre-release by the way) and I still can't get it to work. If you know how to get it to work please share! 

I've made 25-30 Terrain Analyzers 
I filled dozens upon dozens of canisters
I retrieved soil from the surface and in caves
I put the TA on the backpack, the gun, the top two flex spots
I've had numerous TA's at once
I've had numerous canisters at once
I've created TA's on each planet, removed soil from just that planet, to no avail
I've created TA's on each planet, brought them to another planet, tried to get them to work, to no avail
I've asked in numerous posts how to get them to work, to no avail
I've not attempted to get them to work since day seven (?) of the game's release in February, maybe there was an update/patch? Although I don't remember reading about one. 
Maybe it is because I'm on a puter and need to be on a console? 

In any event, I'll ask again, if anyone knows how to make this work, would you please share?

TY
TOGG 

6 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

The one that allows it to work? I've tried to get it to work numerous times. I've seen the videos of how they get it to work (all pre-release by the way) and I still can't get it to work. If you know how to get it to work please share! 

I've made 25-30 Terrain Analyzers 
I filled dozens upon dozens of canisters
I retrieved soil from the surface and in caves
I put the TA on the backpack, the gun, the top two flex spots
I've had numerous TA's at once
I've had numerous canisters at once
I've created TA's on each planet, removed soil from just that planet, to no avail
I've created TA's on each planet, brought them to another planet, tried to get them to work, to no avail
I've asked in numerous posts how to get them to work, to no avail
I've not attempted to get them to work since day seven (?) of the game's release in February, maybe there was an update/patch? Although I don't remember reading about one. 
Maybe it is because I'm on a puter and need to be on a console? 

In any event, I'll ask again, if anyone knows how to make this work, would you please share?

TY
TOGG 

Maybe this video might help you with your problem? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yu3PC9tJ98

14 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

TY
TOGG 

To use the terrain analyzer to equip it to your terrain tool, go mine the color of soil you'd like to use, and fill up the window TA completely.  Once you've started mining a particular color you cannot switch colors, you must fill it all the way up and it will remain that color indefinitely, no matter how much of the color you use.

• To build in color, equip the terrain analyzer to your terrain tool and build or flatten as normal.  While the TA is equipped, it will only dig the color that appears in the window.
  • To paint in color equip the terrain analyzer and an inhibitor mod to your terrain tool.  Hold the Alt button, as if you were building, to paint with the color.

If you are talking specifically about the Terrain Analyzer in the Early Access Terrain Tech Test, the one from the plinth was bugged.  The only way to use one in the EA-TTT is to get a piece of Zinc and craft the TA yourself in your backpack.

I can't quote for some reason

"and fill up the window TA completely" this be the rub. The window will never ever fill up. I tried multiple times with multiple TA's with multiple colors on multiple planets. I'm sucking soil, but nothing is getting registered into the TA. The top of the TA, the color indicator, never adds/changes color. 
I've seen the videos. I have over 1k hours played. I have yet to make a TA work, once. 
I appreciate your help @Gina thanks

No problem, @The Touch of Grey Gamer.  With that being the case, it would be great if you could make a clip of this happening and email it to the devs with your specs & save so they can address this bug.  They've recently implemented a new ticketing system.

Save games are here:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

You can attach a .txt file with your specs by pressing Win + R, type dxdiag and press enter.
In the dialogue box, select "Save All Information" and save this .txt file somewhere you'll be able to find it. 

Email the clip and attachments with a description of your issue to:  Support@SystemEra.net.  

This will start a ticket for this issue in their system, and you should receive an automatic response email to indicate that they got your email.