Killroy

Delete/scrap buildings and items

The game needs a way to destroy or delete misplaced objects. Maybe you could scrap them and get a portion of the resources back?

Agreed--- I don't even mind losing the materials as cost of deletion.  This is absolutely needed when one wants/needs to redesign base layout.

A "easy" way to do this is to have the dill bit be able to break the foundation of the building, it would be a late game thing so give back the resource wouldn't really be necessary.  

So I've been thinking about a way to easily address this given the current systems in place in the pre-alpha. I think the best way to tackle base rearrangement is to link it to your main hub (the little pod you can sit in) While playing, one thing I do is sit in the pod and pull the camera back enough to see the entire detailing of my base. This way, if a sandstorm occurs, I can comfortable sit in my pod while still being able to craft items with the camera pulled back. I think having a "base editor mode" button on the top of the pod once entered. When in this mode, you can rearrange the different base fixtures to your liking. You could also delete buildings previously made in the editor mode (costing you the resin initially put into making the building.) If you want to be forgiving, fixtures that require more rare elements like lithium big batteries, could give you back 1/2 lithium mineral incorporated into the structure.

pod.png

They really need to add a way to delete vehicles. I made so many random stuff and now its lagging my game, and i don't want to start a new planet.

Here's my simple solution to this problem taken from my suggestion topic:

Change the base module construction system.  Only the habitat should have a connection system like it is now.  After the first set of modules, you must print additional modules with the printer.  You pick up and place them where you want them (they should stick to walls).  Connect them to your other modules exactly the way it works now for vehicles.  This is needed for greater control over module placement when building advanced bases indoors.  It also allows you to re-arrange your modules if you change your mind.

If you want to completely remove the modules from the game, I like the crane/drill combo for this.

1 hour ago, darkSol said:

Here's my simple solution to this problem taken from my suggestion topic:

Change the base module construction system.  Only the habitat should have a connection system like it is now.  After the first set of modules, you must print additional modules with the printer.  You pick up and place them where you want them (they should stick to walls).  Connect them to your other modules exactly the way it works now for vehicles.  This is needed for greater control over module placement when building advanced bases indoors.  It also allows you to re-arrange your modules if you change your mind.

If you want to completely remove the modules from the game, I like the crane/drill combo for this.

I like this idea, I wonder if it wouldn't interfere with their codes too much. On the twitch they said that they want the buildings to be solid, so they shouldn't be moved only destroyed. Honestly, as some people mentioned, I'd take just a delete button right now and deal with the loss of resources. And this is not only for buildings, but for items and vehicles as well. Maybe we could have an recycling station?

3 hours ago, Killroy said:

I like this idea, I wonder if it wouldn't interfere with their codes too much. On the twitch they said that they want the buildings to be solid, so they shouldn't be moved only destroyed. Honestly, as some people mentioned, I'd take just a delete button right now and deal with the loss of resources. And this is not only for buildings, but for items and vehicles as well. Maybe we could have an recycling station?

I see no reason this would not work just like the current system.  If the modules are connected to power/another module, they are immobile, just as they are currently.  If you disconnect them, like you can with vehicles, they revert to a movable physics object like a pod or storage rack or whatever.  This would also let you use the large solar array more effectively because currently it can only be connected to your base with a vehicle which will often bug out and come disconnected on its own.