chris davies

Tractor and level 3 drill not moving when in dirt.

I built a level 3 drill an RTG and a tractor and trailer.  Put the tractor together with the rtg and drill but as soon as the drill hit dirt the tractor stops..  I am full throttle but with the drill engaged the tractor stop as soon as it starts drilling... need help I want to get to the cores and this was my option for that.. p.s.  it almost seems like the parking brake is coming on when the drill slows the tractor down.. then stops it completely.

It's a bug it has been reported multiple times and has yet to be acknowledged by the devs. I had save with lots of progress I just deleted because of this bug. I started a new game in the hopes it was just my save that was corrupted from an update. If I run into it again I guess I won't be playing until they finally patch it.

12 hours ago, chris davies said:

I built a level 3 drill an RTG and a tractor and trailer.  Put the tractor together with the rtg and drill but as soon as the drill hit dirt the tractor stops..  I am full throttle but with the drill engaged the tractor stop as soon as it starts drilling... need help I want to get to the cores and this was my option for that.. p.s.  it almost seems like the parking brake is coming on when the drill slows the tractor down.. then stops it completely.

In my opinion, try to use the Large Rover, yeah I know you might encounter with the same "bug" but if you are fast enough, you can active and deactive the drill fast so you can continue drill with nonstop. That's how I did it and it worked for me

1 hour ago, Mariano Kings said:

In my opinion, try to use the Large Rover, yeah I know you might encounter with the same "bug" but if you are fast enough, you can active and deactive the drill fast so you can continue drill with nonstop. That's how I did it and it worked for me

Thanks my options were to move up the transportation tiers till something worked at this point I have enough supplies that leaving the large rover at the core isn't really a loss..  I can still repack most the equipment to carry out . 

Thanks for the help I'll let ya know how it goes.  

7 hours ago, chris davies said:

Thanks my options were to move up the transportation tiers till something worked at this point I have enough supplies that leaving the large rover at the core isn't really a loss..  I can still repack most the equipment to carry out . 

Thanks for the help I'll let ya know how it goes.  

And also the best "combo" to use the drill is 2RTGs on the large rover because it seems that drill consumes a lot of energy but anyways GL 👍🏻