GAM3RGAWD

Tether like seed planting

Recommended Posts

My suggestion is to allow us Astroneers to planet seeds several at a time. The idea is to allow us to plant seeds, much like we can drop tethers now. Except that the two step process (place, then plant) is not efficient. Use the aux slot to plant the seeds, or T like the tethers.

OPTION 1: Use a tractor/trailer/feeder. My preference is to use the existing tractor, and pull a seed planting device. The 'seed planting device' could be a modified trailer, with something like a silo platform on it, that could be filled with seeds, and as you drive, each time you hit the right/left bumper (controller) or C/V on the keyboard, that you would plant one seed from the silo platform. This way you could slowly drive along, planting seeds in a neat row, or circle, or whatever pattern you drive around in. This would allow  any seed, hostile or not, to be planted in rows.

OPTION 2: Use the backpack, just like tethers. If this is not desired, then why not use the same programming concept as the tethers, but apply it to the seeds. For example, you collect the seeds, then they are grouped together, say four to a tier 1 module, like the tethers have 10 to a tier 1 module. That 4 seed module could then be put into a backpack, or on the seed planting device (trailer/silo). Then as you walk along you place and plant the seed with one motion, unlike now, where you must first place it on the ground, and then a second pass to actually plant it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

You have added so much detail to this... even controls! With most ideas, I am uneasy or think that maybe something should be changed...but here, I would be glad if this were added into the game right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GAM3RGAWD said:

My suggestion is to allow us Astroneers to planet seeds several at a time. The idea is to allow us to plant seeds, much like we can drop tethers now. Except that the two step process (place, then plant) is not efficient. Use the aux slot to plant the seeds, or T like the tethers.

OPTION 1: Use a tractor/trailer/feeder. My preference is to use the existing tractor, and pull a seed planting device. The 'seed planting device' could be a modified trailer, with something like a silo platform on it, that could be filled with seeds, and as you drive, each time you hit the right/left bumper (controller) or C/V on the keyboard, that you would plant one seed from the silo platform. This way you could slowly drive along, planting seeds in a neat row, or circle, or whatever pattern you drive around in. This would allow  any seed, hostile or not, to be planted in rows.

OPTION 2: Use the backpack, just like tethers. If this is not desired, then why not use the same programming concept as the tethers, but apply it to the seeds. For example, you collect the seeds, then they are grouped together, say four to a tier 1 module, like the tethers have 10 to a tier 1 module. That 4 seed module could then be put into a backpack, or on the seed planting device (trailer/silo). Then as you walk along you place and plant the seed with one motion, unlike now, where you must first place it on the ground, and then a second pass to actually plant it.

First of all why would plant so many plants, they currently have no use other than the achievement and for decoration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 4:13 AM, TMarcher74 said:

First of all why would plant so many plants, they currently have no use other than the achievement and for decoration.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, TMarcher74 said:

First of all why would plant so many plants, they currently have no use other than the achievement and for decoration.

Maybe the OP is a farmer and wants to farm on his off hours?
Maybe the OP wants to use the plants as barriers/boundaries/lines of demarcation?
Maybe the OP is a super hoarder and well, this scratches his itch?
Maybe this idea is better than beachball soccer?
If beachball soccer is a thing then nearly every suggestion on this forum could be a thing too, don't you agree? If SES said, "You can have one or the other; beachball soccer or this." I would chose this
Give me a greenhouse, a Mr. Green Jeans astroneer suit, one of those olde west windmills & a new/better tractor and I'll be farmin too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Maybe the OP is a farmer and wants to farm on his off hours?
Maybe the OP wants to use the plants as barriers/boundaries/lines of demarcation?
Maybe the OP is a super hoarder and well, this scratches his itch?
Maybe this idea is better than beachball soccer?
If beachball soccer is a thing then nearly every suggestion on this forum could be a thing too, don't you agree? If SES said, "You can have one or the other; beachball soccer or this." I would chose this
Give me a greenhouse, a Mr. Green Jeans astroneer suit, one of those olde west windmills & a new/better tractor and I'll be farmin too! 

Yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now