Neekk0

Very high GPU temperatures, multiplayer fps-drops and lag

Posted (edited)

I do think I have the required hardware to be able to run the game decently, but even during the tutorial my GPU starts overheating when I have any settings higher than "low". (See attached MSI afterburner capture, where I play with everything set on "medium" and with FPS capped on 50, doing nothing but standing still).

My specs:
Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO (LGA1155)
Graphics
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA)

But that's not all... during multiplayer the lag is unbearable underground. My partner has constantly unplayable lag everywhere and has similar specs if not better than mine with an 6th generation i7, a gtx 980m and 12 GB ram. I host the game with a fiberoptic 50Mbits connection and my partner has a 10Mbits fiberoptic connection. We live in the same city.

We do play "Plains of Eidolon" and "Orb Valis" in WARFRAME without any major hiccups - which is afaik a peer to peer connection, so I don't see how we can play a graphically and connection-wise more demanding game but not ASTRONEER.

PLEASE look into this. I have not had a pleasant time with the game and it is almost half a year after full release. I gave every update a shot. I had patience but it is now running thin. And it's looking like performance is not a priority anymore judging from recent patch-notes. Performance is currently not ok on xbox, but is definitely not ok on PC either.

GPU.PNG

Edited by Neekk0