Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Marti

Confused ?!?!?!?!

So my son has astroneer On xbox one, he wanted me to play with him so i got the game pass for console and it wants me to buy the game why ? 

I already own the game on Steam. 

The Xbox and steam are Unfortunately, not together technically they are a different platform. You would both have to be on Xbox together.

2 minutes ago, Xrystian Vacha said:

The Xbox and steam are Unfortunately, not together technically they are a different platform. You would both have to be on Xbox together.

image.thumb.png.27a3b6d78c1903c89ce66ca73af44a81.png

Understood, Can you explain this, it wont let me install it. 

basically can't install it because you have to have the game on Gamepass or you have to buy it. if you don't have the game pass because the accounts are separate you would have to have the game pass on your profile.

1 hour ago, Joseph Marti said:

image.thumb.png.27a3b6d78c1903c89ce66ca73af44a81.png

Understood, Can you explain this, it wont let me install it. 

Hi! Ok in this case, first you might to have Game Pass (or the Game Pass Ultimate) in the PC. Because if just have the Steam version of the game it won't crossplay with your son, you might need to download the Windows Version in order to play with him

1 hour ago, Joseph Marti said:

So my son has astroneer On xbox one, he wanted me to play with him so i got the game pass for console and it wants me to buy the game why ? 

I already own the game on Steam. 

There's a little confusion above. Here we go. 

If you own the game on the same account as you have game pass, you still only get 1 copy of the game on that account. Crossplay between Steam and Microsoft will be available on the servers coming soon-ish. 

The installation issue is usually resolved by ensuring Windows is up to date. Click 'update now' on this link (don't download the iso) to launch a special checker that will find anything Windows Update has missed. This might take some time, as updates have been less than perfect in the last 6 months or so.