Sign in to follow this  
StickyDischarge

Stop adding content and fix bugs/crashing please.

Posted (edited)

At this point, it just seems that the game is still in it's 'Early Access' state and we as gamers know what it's like when we spend money on a game that isn't labeled early access. It really is cheesy and frowned upon. That's like playing Atlas or Rainbow Six on Steam knowing they are still in their beta stage and have no confirmed release.

This game has a lot of potentials and excellent quality of gameplay. We know this game is multiplayer, coop and single player, but what we really dislike about it is the recurring crashing on hosted games. This is a huge letdown and can be a buzzkill when this happens. It's been 4 months since the release, and I do have to say, since the release we have received several patches, mostly entailing content additions. But as someone who really enjoys this game, my suggestion may go unheard, but if it does cross the path of a considerable developer, I would say hold off on the content additions and tackle these crashes head-on. In the event of a future patch, I really hope it's just a huge patch which concludes all necessary bug/crash fixes and would not expect any kind of content additions. Multiplayer seems to be a given and everyone likes it, but the crashes seem to be outrageous at this point. Please lead us to believe that this is not an unlabeled early access game.

For players joining hosted sessions, they appear to be losing all of their gear when they relaunch the game. When heading back to their body, it's as if their body or history was never apart of the game and goes missing. This happened to a friend of mine more than a few times and twice to me. Please consider adding a "Report Crash" feature, this will likely prevent the flooding of forum posts. Goof Good luck to the team, the game is sub-par, but hoping it will be par soon.

Edited by StickyDischarge

Posted (edited)

Ive done a fair share of game development and from my experience, the people working on content are an independent part of a team. They wont be able to fix bugs using their talent for making content and the ones responsible for fixing bugs wont benefit from new programmers who might add even more bugs. Most games put out bugfix updates and this one is no different. Bottom line, there's no way of knowing how much effort or success they've had trying to fix crashes, etc.

Edited by ewanc

11 hours ago, ewanc said:

Ive done a fair share of game development and from my experience, the people working on content are an independent part of a team. They wont be able to fix bugs using their talent for making content and the ones responsible for fixing bugs wont benefit from new programmers who might add even more bugs. Most games put out bugfix updates and this one is no different. Bottom line, there's no way of knowing how much effort or success they've had trying to fix crashes, etc.

i dont want to sound like im disagreeing or anything like that, out of my personal curosity. what about legacy multiplayer bugs they have thats been on since early access and even kinda before that. what would make a game developer not really push to fix bugs that are super old. i have zero experience  in coding/any sort of game developing. it just seems to me (under ignorance) that they dont really care to fix the old bugs, i love the game and i just work around the bugs just always wondered some bugs never seem to go away.

32 minutes ago, diseasedmeat said:

what would make a game developer not really push to fix bugs that are super old.

One reason is cost. It will cost money to pay someone(s) to research and fix bugs. The cost of fixing said bugs is more expensive than the complaints SES is receiving. Game sales continue despite legacy bugs being present. So SES can absorb the negative posts they receive as long as it does not affect sales, which it apparently hasn't. SES knows full well the bugs are there. They are going to tackle the least expensive bugs in the least expensive manner. They do a cost/benefit analysis on every bug. If the complaints don't outweigh the cost to fix, they won't be fixed. Currently there is zero cost SES pays for allowing legacy bugs to be present. The game has sold and is selling despite those bugs. Did ya see all those awards SES won despite the bugs? "No fixes for you!" Soup Space Nazi shouts.

Another reason, and I take no joy in stating this is, IMHO, questionable leadership decisions. A beach ball? Pneumatic tires? A splitter? A terrain analyzer? A soccer game? Purple hype to nowhere for apparently no other reason than a single unlock? The willingness to allow items introduced into the game to not only not work, but continue to not work years after touting their release. Next to zero communication (despite years of stating how it is such a top priority), no additional resources and no plans to add any, still? 
No DLC's? Look, I'm sick and tired of reading things can't happen because "SES is such a small studio" so nearly everything is out of their teeny tiny studio hands reach. Produce some DLC's, increase revenues, hire more staff and fix the bugs. The current "anti DLC position" decision IMHO, really needs to be discussed again. 

Another reason, IMHO, the sheer lack of a story. A story line. Or anything cohesive that makes any type of sense to pull this game together. "It is set 500 years into the future" SES states. Why don't we have all future tech? I'm placing canisters of fuel, outside of a spacecraft, adjacent to a rocket and that is still ok? What part of 500 years into the future does this fall under? An exploration game, with a soccer component? With a beach ball? Using vehicles that were not designed to play soccer? Wait, vehicles are going to be playing soccer in a SPACE EXPLORATION GAME? HUH? Or does this debacle fall under "questionable leadership decisions?" Oh well I digress, SES is always correct and I am of course always incorrect.

Another reason, you and I post and read this forum. SES, does not. If they had we would not have the splitter. When the splitter was introduced I asked where this non-starter idea was generated as I did not see (or ever find) a single post about the need for a splitter on this forum. After some research, that was a discord idea. If they took their cues from this forum; additional resources would have already been introduced not a; super hyped, company resource intensive, one and done, trio of purple dead ends. 

Until the fanbois demand more content and quality I'm afraid all we are looking at receiving is more eye candy with little substance. Additional suits and visors are great for the kid in me however the adult in me wants more. I'm just not sure that SES is a company dedicated to increasing content. I look at it now more of an art project. I think the eye candy will increase but the content needed for some type of "future exploration" complexity/additions is very much a back burner issue for SES. 

Disclaimer: Some of what I posted is my opinion and as we all know, opinions are like butt holes in that we all have one. 

On 6/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

One reason is cost. It will cost money to pay someone(s) to research and fix bugs. The cost of fixing said bugs is more expensive than the complaints SES is receiving. Game sales continue despite legacy bugs being present. So SES can absorb the negative posts they receive as long as it does not affect sales, which it apparently hasn't. SES knows full well the bugs are there. They are going to tackle the least expensive bugs in the least expensive manner. They do a cost/benefit analysis on every bug. If the complaints don't outweigh the cost to fix, they won't be fixed. Currently there is zero cost SES pays for allowing legacy bugs to be present. The game has sold and is selling despite those bugs. Did ya see all those awards SES won despite the bugs? "No fixes for you!" Soup Space Nazi shouts.

Another reason, and I take no joy in stating this is, IMHO, questionable leadership decisions. A beach ball? Pneumatic tires? A splitter? A terrain analyzer? A soccer game? Purple hype to nowhere for apparently no other reason than a single unlock? The willingness to allow items introduced into the game to not only not work, but continue to not work years after touting their release. Next to zero communication (despite years of stating how it is such a top priority), no additional resources and no plans to add any, still? 
No DLC's? Look, I'm sick and tired of reading things can't happen because "SES is such a small studio" so nearly everything is out of their teeny tiny studio hands reach. Produce some DLC's, increase revenues, hire more staff and fix the bugs. The current "anti DLC position" decision IMHO, really needs to be discussed again. 

Another reason, IMHO, the sheer lack of a story. A story line. Or anything cohesive that makes any type of sense to pull this game together. "It is set 500 years into the future" SES states. Why don't we have all future tech? I'm placing canisters of fuel, outside of a spacecraft, adjacent to a rocket and that is still ok? What part of 500 years into the future does this fall under? An exploration game, with a soccer component? With a beach ball? Using vehicles that were not designed to play soccer? Wait, vehicles are going to be playing soccer in a SPACE EXPLORATION GAME? HUH? Or does this debacle fall under "questionable leadership decisions?" Oh well I digress, SES is always correct and I am of course always incorrect.

Another reason, you and I post and read this forum. SES, does not. If they had we would not have the splitter. When the splitter was introduced I asked where this non-starter idea was generated as I did not see (or ever find) a single post about the need for a splitter on this forum. After some research, that was a discord idea. If they took their cues from this forum; additional resources would have already been introduced not a; super hyped, company resource intensive, one and done, trio of purple dead ends. 

Until the fanbois demand more content and quality I'm afraid all we are looking at receiving is more eye candy with little substance. Additional suits and visors are great for the kid in me however the adult in me wants more. I'm just not sure that SES is a company dedicated to increasing content. I look at it now more of an art project. I think the eye candy will increase but the content needed for some type of "future exploration" complexity/additions is very much a back burner issue for SES. 

Disclaimer: Some of what I posted is my opinion and as we all know, opinions are like butt holes in that we all have one. 

Couldn't agree more!  +1