Mariano Kings

New Summer Update ruined my saved game

Posted (edited)

I almost completed Sylva but after I updated my game on my Xbox One, it seems that this new update ruined my saved game. After select LOAD, I'm stuck on the loading screen and then the game crashed and closed by itself. Can you fix that please? (I already try restarting my console but it didn't work and the new update reinstalled the complete game also) 

Edited by Mariano Kings

its always a good idea to start a new save on big patches, i know it sucks but also look at it as you can now build bases better or streamline your exploration or to try something new.

3 hours ago, diseasedmeat said:

its always a good idea to start a new save on big patches, i know it sucks but also look at it as you can now build bases better or streamline your exploration or to try something new.

which should only happen in Early access/beta, not full release games. but hey we can play soccer in our new saves if you can keep the game from crashing and deleting characters, smh

8 hours ago, diseasedmeat said:

Dude I know what you mean, but all the time invested, believe me it has not been easy, be from planet to planet bringing materials, gases and everything else, as the other answer says, I understand that this happens in early / beta access but  this should not happen anymore in full release games. 

Add me to the list of the small number of saves not loading.  Game just crashes back to the xbox home screen after choosing a save to load.

6 hours ago, Tencore said:

which should only happen in Early access/beta, not full release games. but hey we can play soccer in our new saves if you can keep the game from crashing and deleting characters, smh

happens often in full-release games of this nature. astroneer's closest relative, minecraft, has save-breaking updates just often enough to be annoying. i've got a favorite world that i started ages ago that suffers some of the worst chunk load lag imaginable because the base seed has changed so much

3 minutes ago, Scott Ahlstrom said:

Add me to the list of the small number of saves not loading.  Game just crashes back to the xbox home screen after choosing a save to load.

At least they are already known about that and hopefully they'll fix it soon

EFT should fix this now, the hotfix is on it's way through Microsoft so sit tight! 

i get the frustrations, i have lost many saves but i always look foward to new saves, new types of bases in different ares, on top of mountains, on the north pole etc, i do know that i play the game probably different and have a different objective.  hopefully the new patch will fix old saves for you guys. I think the game came out of early access to early, until the sync issue is fixed in multiplayer games for me its still beta. hopefully full release will be with dedicated servers. I do welcome any updates from SeS cuz even with its bugs i love the game and just ignore the issues, but im also on steam and not on xbox and dont have nearly any of the issues your platform seems for have.