planetidiot

Xbox keeps reverting to older saves, losing hours of progress

I am pretty fed up at this point. For the second time this week, hours upon hours of progress have been completely blown away by some sort of cloud syncing issue. 

Steps:

1. I play the game for hours (which I am no longer going to do until this is fixed)
  2. I enter a vehicle, multiple times during play, ensuring that the "saving game" prompt is on screen each time
  3. I decide to go to bed at 2 am after playing waaay to long, and making lots of progress
  4. I enter a vehicle before I quit, and again ensure the "saving game" prompt is on screen
  5. I load the game the next day and am greeted with an older save and all my progress is gone!

This is the only Xbox I am using.

They're aware of the issue and are attempting to fix it. It's related to the size of the save file, so is more likely to occur in larger saves.

I believe once a save has encountered this error, it will continue, so playing a new game is the only option at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

They're aware of the issue and are attempting to fix it. It's related to the size of the save file, so is more likely to occur in larger saves.

I believe once a save has encountered this error, it will continue, so playing a new game is the only option at the moment. 

There's no way am I starting all over. I'm done until it is fixed.

43 minutes ago, planetidiot said:

It looks like there was an update... has this been fixed? is anyone from the company going to address this thread? 

No, it's not been fixed. The team tend not to respond to most threads. They are aware of the issue, as I noted. 

I have lost about 2 hours of play & 6 gateway solves because of this today. Multiple rover saves and a return to base save and the game refused to save.

I am done with this game, nothing is tested correctly, patches create mores issues than they solve.