Igoooor

Automation Idea: Autopilot to Landing pad

The basic idea is to allow sending rockets to remote places without actually being inside them.

Especially in multiplayer it would be possible to send resources "home" or to an expedition team on the same or other planets.

Landing pad naming

One prerequisite would be to assign names to landing pads via a console. The landing pads could be a fixed positions or stored on rovers until needed.

Autopilot device

I would suggest to simply add the autopilot functionality to the hydrazine booster. Just add a panel to select the destination from a list...

If sufficient fuel is available and the platform is deployed and not occupied - press start to launch the rocket  :D

@IgoooorI like this idea very much, maybe they will add cargo rocket to the game. If they add, they will need a new type a landing pad with the possibility of pairing. What will you say if they refresh the Spaceports from update 0.9.0, on the possibility of landing rocket and ato unloading?

If you want to see these spaceports in the game, play the tutorial or look for on Desolo.

Actually, that would be my second iteration of the idea (this post is the third).

Idea was from

My first idea was to have planetary medium sized one way containers (1 compond to build) that can be sent from a large sized building using energy. They target special medium storages (1 resin, 1 beacon) that could be placed anywhere and try to store the things they receive... (As it is impossible to store bigger things than medium sized properly at the moment).

My second idea was to have an extra large building (the space port would be a good option, I liked it in the tutorial) that has two large slots for interplanetary cargo containers (which actually are cargo rockets) which could be sent to other similar buildings. Main thing is the limited capacity coupled with the imposibility to unload those without major changes in the game.

So I went to the easy to implement third version which uses components that are already in the game and reuses the medium rockets that you wouldn't use for anything else anyways. Plus, landing pads are mobile ;)

Honestly, I don't use a medium rocket, it's an exhibit on my save game. Spaceport I remember that it has 3 slots type-3 and 2 type-1, arrangement is triangular.  It is a pity that the rockets can't be put there like on landing pads. Landing pad in game is movable in a sense. I would prefer that it was a haven on which the entire base would be based. I wish you luck, maybe you can implement your idea to game.🙂👍

If there is a bigger platform than extra large the concept gets more viable...

3 large slots should be enough to make it confortable without automatic unloading, some hydrazine storage included and every of my bases would have a spaceport ;)

I would use 3 beacons to identify landing pads, and 2 landing pads with the same color beacons in the same spots would be linked.

I like this idea really well, It gives an opening for automation to take place where something on the specified planet can offload the cargo for you.

12 hours ago, thebloxxer11 said:

I would use 3 beacons to identify landing pads, and 2 landing pads with the same color beacons in the same spots would be linked.

Well, I said there should be some naming involved, so no beacons needed.

But I really like the linking idea, to keep the number of destinations while increasing capacity!