SES_joe

The Summer Update - June 20th, 2019

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I have no idea what this means however I can pull apart your post.

#1 Most of the people who go out of their way to a forum is to b¡ch and moan.... this is not a fact just your opinion. As a matter of fact on this forum, the non-bich posts far outweigh the bich posts

#2 im sure I speak for the 87.36% of the community.... Again, this number is not based on any facts and was just pulled out of something or somewhere. This is Trumpian 

#3 in a large room of sh¡tposts.... again, not based in fact. Posts that state the truth are difficult for anyone but fanbois to classify as sh!tposts

#4 who probrobly dont even know the first thing about basic software and design.... again, if you spent more than 10 minutes reading more than one thread you would see that this is, once again, just your opinion and it is not based on any facts what-so-ever

#5 All GOOD games have ups and downs.... not true at all. There are many games that improve over time, not get worse, not create more bugs, not take two steps backwards to gain one step forward. There are some games that only improve without having to take any steps backwards. Many people here can provide you a list

#6 Trust me, soon enough, they'll all eat their words.... Dood, I've been waiting since December 2016 to enjoy that meal! I would be more than happy to eat my words but wouldn't the splitter have to work first? Or the terrain analyzer? Just to name two legacy bugs. Just two. 

I've got more than 1,500 hours into the game. I love the game, obviously. I love the devs and the entire team. I can however call out BS or make suggestions, provide facts etc. without hating anyone. For example just because I hate legacy bugs does not mean I hate anyone at SES. They are not mutually exclusive. It is not a zero sum game to me like it apparently is to you. Well, that is my opinion anyway. 

Bro, do you just sit here refreshing the page? GodDamn dude chill! Just trying to show some appreciation, geez. Not that Ive seen you say anything that stands above the rest besides sum fakts. iym luusing brian sells arguing to you on a forum.

This is my level--- uses forum to engage with staff and community

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is your level----  starts heated debate with someone who sent a generally harmless statement by responding with something about buttholes and facts. THEN writes a whole ass essay rebuttling a 27 character reply that WASNT EVEN DIRECTED TOWARDS THEM, AND IN MOST CASES, WAS EVEN A COMPLIMENT! 

 

Grow up kid, its not a big deal. Its a forum, not a salt mine.

Your'e possible replies:

*acually, im not a kid, im 19-23 (argues in a forum)

*whine whine, you're arguing too (yah, its my turn to write an essay)

*THATS JUST MY OPINION!!! (dude, your'e a meme now, congrats)

*[enter more facts and grammerly plus terms]

*Your'e lower than me! (glad you can see now that i've chopped my fkn legs off)

*You can't even argue right! Whats your point? (no words)

*replies with even BIGGER essay

*hands out similar list with different format 😒

*gives real reason your'e here like a james bond villian

*looks for holes in my argument (its not an argument)

*accends beyond this plane of existence (not likely)

I gave you some replies cuz i dong care enough to actually do it

 

 

Not everyone here is HERE for the same reasons as you. While you serve as a wanna be sentinel/mod for this forum, im just gonna go to work where my words have meaning and carry depth.

You: Quotes and replies. Revisits website every 30 minutes to wait for a reply.

Me: stops caring and waits fo a reason to visit forum like an update or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EmeraldGamerr said:

Bro, do you just sit here refreshing the page? GodDamn dude chill! Just trying to show some appreciation, geez. Not that Ive seen you say anything that stands above the rest besides sum fakts. iym luusing brian sells arguing to you on a forum.

This is my level--- uses forum to engage with staff and community

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is your level----  starts heated debate with someone who sent a generally harmless statement by responding with something about buttholes and facts. THEN writes a whole ass essay rebuttling a 27 character reply that WASNT EVEN DIRECTED TOWARDS THEM, AND IN MOST CASES, WAS EVEN A COMPLIMENT! 

 

Grow up kid, its not a big deal. Its a forum, not a salt mine.

Your'e possible replies:

*acually, im not a kid, im 19-23 (argues in a forum)

*whine whine, you're arguing too (yah, its my turn to write an essay)

*THATS JUST MY OPINION!!! (dude, your'e a meme now, congrats)

*[enter more facts and grammerly plus terms]

*Your'e lower than me! (glad you can see now that i've chopped my fkn legs off)

*You can't even argue right! Whats your point? (no words)

*replies with even BIGGER essay

*hands out similar list with different format 😒

*gives real reason your'e here like a james bond villian

*looks for holes in my argument (its not an argument)

*accends beyond this plane of existence (not likely)

I gave you some replies cuz i dong care enough to actually do it

 

 

Not everyone here is HERE for the same reasons as you. While you serve as a wanna be sentinel/mod for this forum, im just gonna go to work where my words have meaning and carry depth.

You: Quotes and replies. Revisits website every 30 minutes to wait for a reply.

Me: stops caring and waits fo a reason to visit forum like an update or something

Haaaaahahahahah

"You're such a kid you care so much I don't care about this chill out!" *proceeds to write down a wall of text*

 

You DO seem to care, a lot in fact xD Honestly if I were the touch of grey gamer I wouldn't bother replying you, you come across as such an obvious troll...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused about something, it says to log in to receive the pallets and visors but I'm not seeing them in game. Is there something I gotta redeem or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Skellitor301 said:

I'm confused about something, it says to log in to receive the pallets and visors but I'm not seeing them in game. Is there something I gotta redeem or what?

You must be playing in with an active internet connection. If they're not there after 10mins, restart the game and try again. 

There have been reports of the ports being blocked in some circumstances. If you are affected by this, on the launch/load menu, the news 'news' section will say you're offline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

You must be playing in with an active internet connection. If they're not there after 10mins, restart the game and try again. 

There have been reports of the ports being blocked in some circumstances. If you are affected by this, on the launch/load menu, the news 'news' section will say you're offline. 

Thanks! I relaunched and it's there 👨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, Nargg said:

I would really like to see some more terrain updates.  The 2.0 update added some really nice things, but spelunking has degraded terribly since 1.0.  I'm getting to where I HATE going underground now due to the complexity and tedium of this task.  It's just not fun any more.  There is no reason for such "realism" in the underground and the original methods were much more enjoyable and fun.

THIS. PLEASE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Andy Bowden said:

THIS. PLEASE. 

Missing those old caves for sure. Maybe both types could coexist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after reading through all the previous comments I am getting the impression that a lot of people are not happy. I can say that I am not one of them. I have not had the issues with loading my previous game saves, though I have noticed the fps drop around my base (though that might be more to do with the fact that it just grew by a third in size). I have had the game crash once, where it just froze then I was immediately returned to the Xbox dashboard.

 

I for one am enjoying the new items available to use, most of all the new Medium storage silo. I am currently playing through a game aimed at getting the Secerts of The Universe achievement, and was having some storage issues with the four Medium storages I was using. Now having switched two of them out for these new silos, I am back on track, and have already unlocked every gate on Atrox. Now working my way through the other planets now that the hardest is done.

 

Also, quick mention. The new Floodlights (now that they are working thanks to the hotfix) make great headlights for Medium and Large Rovers. Anyone else tried thus yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, Mytos said:

After a long awaited stable patch (1.1.3) this one crashes again.

Don't need the new items except the new tier 2 storage.

The only really good feature is the new vehicle driving physics.

Still waiting for True Flat and/or other base building features. Games gets more and more boring.
Edit: Oh, and please, please, insert "multiple and loadable savegames of running session" or at least "Quit w/o Saving".

On xbox I just open the dashboard and quit the game, like I lost my rover in the center of novus, so I just force quit and reloaded, just kill the process if your on pc. Ya multiple saves would be nice but this will work if you havent already done it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 2:05 PM, mumbles mumbles said:

So having to start a new game I'm not near as far as I was, but so far, very so far the game has seen a drastic improvement, I'm running a one S and its running smoothly, mixer.com/DrowsyCannon51 if you wanna see how smoothly, now it use to be the more it was played and the more that was built, the more it would slow. That may still be the case but I'm yet to see it. But I'm only at tractor stage so theres along way to go yet. The rovers seem better, even saving doesn't halt the game anymore  or not near as badly. I hope as I play it keeps this performance, sad I couldnt load my old save, but its playable up until this point anyways. Anyone on an xbox still having FPS issues do a fresh install and start a new game.. I will update closer to end game to see if the performance has kept up

So after playing for several hours, and now being able to load my old save, the game is definitely running better, theres still times were frame rates drop drastically but it's playable now anyways. The gas pedal and rover issue still exists. But if you cycle between drill and drive, silly yes, but it works ok. On the large rover anyways, the smaller rovers still sink in the ground. But the game is the most playable since before release,

The caves, yes the caves are harder to navigate but I think that's the point, the caves weren't caves before but open tunnels, and each planets different, there are still huge open caves witch I think are bigger than they ever were..

I would like to see the rover bug fixed, cause what good is a paver if the rover doesnt work the way it is. But thank you for your continued effort to improve the game. 

Edited by mumbles mumbles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ivanrosadev said:

Haaaaahahahahah

"You're such a kid you care so much I don't care about this chill out!" *proceeds to write down a wall of text*

 

You DO seem to care, a lot in fact xD Honestly if I were the touch of grey gamer I wouldn't bother replying you, you come across as such an obvious troll...

Truer words have never been posted! +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i may have encountered a bug. Platform: Xb1X. Times wirnessed bug: 3 times today the 23rd on separate game files. What happened: no new suit/visor option. the SUNSET and SUNRISE

:[ i must say they look incredibly cool and love the blend off colors; what i've seen on YT. but i only wish to see it for myself... :[

Hopefully this gets resolved before their removed forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SES_joe

There have been a few reports in this update of unlockables not unlocking, and the game thinking it's offline. Seems to be related to router port forwarding. 

Really, the unlockables requiring a constant connection can't be the best way to provide them. The game's checking so often, there must be a little performance impact too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ₩īłł ₩àřřén said:

So i may have encountered a bug. Platform: Xb1X. Times wirnessed bug: 3 times today the 23rd on separate game files. What happened: no new suit/visor option. the SUNSET and SUNRISE

:[ i must say they look incredibly cool and love the blend off colors; what i've seen on YT. but i only wish to see it for myself... :[

Hopefully this gets resolved before their removed forever.

If you've unlocked any other custom items, are they showing? The suits are attached to your account rather than a save. Did you try restarting the game? The advice which has seemed to work is that if the items aren't there after 10 minutes, restart the game so it establishes a new connection to the servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost my base, built a satellite base, then built a small shuttle to find my old base, landed as close as I could and ended up back at my satellite base, A GPS would be absolutely lovely lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mumbles mumbles said:

I lost my base, built a satellite base, then built a small shuttle to find my old base, landed as close as I could and ended up back at my satellite base, A GPS would be absolutely lovely lol

The compass spins as you travel large distance as north changes and it just gets confusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mumbles mumbles said:

The compass spins as you travel large distance as north changes and it just gets confusing 

Saying that North changes is inaccurate.  North is constant, it never moves.  Only you move.  If you are at a Pole, it may appear that your compass is "flipping" if you move, because it's always pointing to the Pole.  It can be disorienting because if you're at the North Pole, for example, all directions are South.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I explore a planet and I have many teathers down my game has bad lag spikes every time I place down another one singleplayer and multiplayer i am on Xbox can you please fix this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gina said:

Saying that North changes is inaccurate.  North is constant, it never moves.  Only you move.  If you are at a Pole, it may appear that your compass is "flipping" if you move, because it's always pointing to the Pole.  It can be disorienting because if you're at the North Pole, for example, all directions are South.  

The direction to north changes as you move, as I'm looking for my base, heading straight the compass spins so the direction you should be heading to stay going straight is constantly changing, it's very disorienting, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gina said:

Saying that North changes is inaccurate.  North is constant, it never moves.  Only you move.  If you are at a Pole, it may appear that your compass is "flipping" if you move, because it's always pointing to the Pole.  It can be disorienting because if you're at the North Pole, for example, all directions are South.  

I ment the direction to north is always changing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my drill has some alignment  issues, I dont think it drills like this, I thinkcits just the graphic. But still lol. It happened on galacto hitting the hard terrain in a cave at the bottom of a ramp, it forced the tire off sideways and this graphic with it. It seemed to reset saving and reloading. On xbox on s

15614585838051180754158553055087.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.