SES_joe

The Summer Update - June 20th, 2019

3 hours ago, thebobinc said:

Because it still run at 5 fps .... every update youtuber bragged about the fps improvement how good the fps are , have you seen this on xbox ? hell no we saw the opposite 99% of the time , is it more clear now why one of the two think that xbox player are ignore ? 

I play on xbox. Started a new save this week and it's working fine. They're constantly working on improvements. 

It's the 'ignoring' thing I don't understand. All communication is addressed to all players, not just the Steam ones. I feel a little short-changed that we had such a hard time over the last 6 months, but not ignored. 

Posted (edited)

im having crashing problems currently since update went live, but only happens when i try to load my save, i created a new one if there would be any problem and there wasn't, any help?

Edited by Jorge Alvarado

15 minutes ago, Jorge Alvarado said:

im having crashing problems currently since update went live, but only happens when i try to load my save, i created a new one if there would be any problem and there wasn't, any help?

I am having the exact same problem, can’t load any saves. 

I am on Xbox and I don’t know if this applies to all but I am having constant crashes while trying to load a save. Haven’t found a workaround yet, if you have please let me know :)

3 hours ago, Blind Io said:

I play on xbox. Started a new save this week and it's working fine. They're constantly working on improvements. 

It's the 'ignoring' thing I don't understand. All communication is addressed to all players, not just the Steam ones. I feel a little short-changed that we had such a hard time over the last 6 months, but not ignored. 

I play on xbox also and my friends and I just started playing this week and our experience has SUCKED!!!!!!! All I have to say is the fps is horrible try a multiplayer game with 2 people and the lag is so bad that one player has to stop everything if the other is flying to another planet add a 3rd player and it becomes unplayable and to hear this has been going on for a while is inexcusable time for players to stop making excuses for a company that should be fixing a game they created

2 hours ago, Dave Harris said:

I play on xbox also and my friends and I just started playing this week and our experience has SUCKED!!!!!!! All I have to say is the fps is horrible try a multiplayer game with 2 people and the lag is so bad that one player has to stop everything if the other is flying to another planet add a 3rd player and it becomes unplayable and to hear this has been going on for a while is inexcusable time for players to stop making excuses for a company that should be fixing a game they created

I'm not doing any of that. Don't use me to rant please. If I came across as defending SES for putting out an under-performing game, that's not what I intended. 

Your points were specific, others have not been. I'm not trying to debate over the quality of the game. More, this weird victim mentality that a few players have. Bad multiplayer isn't just a problem on Xbox. The company has acknowledged this, not ignored it. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 6:29 AM, SES_joe said:

QUALITY OF LIFE

The Terrain Tool reticle decal has been updated to better aid deformation.
This new Terrain Tool decal has gotten a visual overhaul, allowing one to better respond to the relative angle of your environment! The functionality of the terrain tool remains unchanged, but this new visual should help when trying to manipulate terrain.

The power usage of the Terrain Tool has changed since I last played. 

When terrain tool is active and draining power, its not actively replenishing power from the tethers/buildings as it was previously.  You have to stop the tool to regain power.

This felt crippling... Im trying to make a flat soccer field, I was so frustrated.

Edited by Dirtyshadow

Hopefully it retains settings now cause resetting the audio and y axis every load was annoying, and hopefully the rovers are drivable now, cause with the drills before they wouldnt steer at all

Since the summer update, I havn't been able to get on a save I mostly go on. When I select my save, the solar system goes around for a bit. Until BOOM it stops and closes the game making me restart the and doing the process over again. 

I have just tried the new update on Xbox seems to be good. Only problem I have is the flood lights don’t light the surrounding area, as shown on the pictures provided. The last picture is my character pointing at the same position. 

1B409BE9-EB43-4EE4-9C5D-42A72989B579.jpeg

8014EED1-E39D-44AC-9682-C526031E5B3D.jpeg

D3F50992-C219-4BFE-A633-B6505492F277.jpeg

This Xbox/win10 floodlight issue has been identified and will be hotfixed asap. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:28 AM, Mak-a-Face said:

Ah, people love soccer. What's wrong with you, haven't you ever played soccer. It's a really fun game. Plus you'll be able to use the buggy to knock it around just like Rocket League. This idea alone will increase the player base.

All that is needed now, are stands to sit and watch the game from.

My game save wont even load now how tf am I supposed to play with the stupid ball ne ways 

This is friggan rediculous how does this garbage make it past MS quality check, game won't even load now great work, for once I'd actually like to be able to play the game I played for like two years ago 

I wanna go sit in front of the system era offices with my portable xbox setup so maybe they can see what the xbox community is complaining about 

It would also be nice if I could just try the new stuff out without having to start an entire new game and play through till that point again agh

On 6/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Why? Just why? There was obviously time to do "something" and this, this is what we get? Ok, ok I get it.....there are 10 and 12 year olds that play this game. And yes, from time to time those same children should have something shiny dangled in front of their faces. I get it, they are all about the shiny things that add to the surface but not the core game. Like for example, vehicle horns. Or more and more suits/visors etc. You know, just played out eye candy. 

But why not give us something that we've been asking for, for months if not years..... a vehicle garage (as just one simple example).....just to name one of oh so many things that have been begged for, for years now. Why were so many resources wasted on something so frivioulus? What part of exploration does this nonsense fall under? Again, I only call it nonsense in that the community has been begging for a very long time now for very simple improvements that could have easily been accomplished in the time it took to build this moronic recreational sphere and idiotic recreational canopy. 

Not one person thought to just take a look at the things the community has been asking for? This was a PERFECT example of a time when SES could have for once, looked at the suggestions and ideas thread and just picked one? Something the community wants? Or they did and thought all of those things are BS, let's give the community want they don't want a childish soccer game? Really? 

I'm sure that there are a dozen things that could have been made rather than this waste of time and effort, that would have checked off an item the community has been asking for. Seriously in the amount of time it took to construct this foolishness, a vehicle garage could not have been constructed? You give us flood lights, new platforms and there was just no way to tie all of that into a vehicle garage? Your like 2/3rds of the way there yet........we get a beach ball? 

This is going to be a blast to play in SP! 
Why for the love of Astroneer just why????????????????????????

I'm sorry to admit it, but i totally agree with this post.

Playing soccer in an space exploration game? Really? I thought fifa and Pes serves those who like that ...

To all the people who has problems with loading their saves:

Maybe now this will has it properly attention, because this is NOT a new problem.