crazypetpurson

Element Synthesizer (spin-off Chemistry Lab)

Me and a mate of mine had an interesting idea: what if there was a machine implemented into the game that could take a specific amount of specific resources and turn it into other elements? For example, what if you took a piece of Iron, and using the machine it output multiple pieces of Lithium because it was able to divide the protons, neutrons and electrons accordingly? Another aspect to the machine could be for example that you need to find at least one of a material before the machine knows how to make duplicates of it. For example, you take some Aluminum and put it onto the machine, it then uses up the material and allows you to make duplicates of it. Idk, I just thought it could be a cool idea...

We already have the centrifuge and trading, why would you need another kind of similar option?

22 hours ago, Igoooor said:

We already have the centrifuge and trading, why would you need another kind of similar option?

I second this.

I do want some sort of OP Hydrogen-Helium fusion reactor though...

I like the idea of a small thermonuclear reactor (maybe a fusor), we have lithium and hydrogen, it would be enough to separate the hydrogen isotope and we have fuel.  Or maybe atomic like a kilopower?

5 hours ago, Marcin7667 said:

This is a good schematic of the fusion reactor. 

15342741200109112317923766888089.jpg

so you're tryna do something with hydrogen and lithium... Here's how I understand it...

P in reference to protons, N in reference to neutrons, E in reference to electrons

1P, 1N, 1E (Deuterium) + 1P, 2N, 1E (Tritium) + 3P, 4N?, 3E (Lithium) > 2 1P, 1N, 1E (Deuterium) + 3P, 5N?, 3E (Lithium 8 (if that even exists)) > 2P, 2N, 2E (Helium (Finally!)) + 3P, 5N?, 3E (Lithium 😎

Hopefully, feedback is given to show just how ignorant I am. If you can, explain this thing better or show me what I have wrong...

I'm pretty sure Lithium 8 isn't a thing tho.

You wrote it a little bit wrong, because the testicles themselves enter into the reactions and only high energy neutrons with the lithium.

D-deuterum, T-trytium

Scheme_of_nuclear_reaction_chains_for_Big_Bang_nucleosynthesis.svg.png

Posted (edited)

I have reaction tables here.  The trytium is generated from lithium (Li + n = T + He) depends on the isotope because lithium-6 reacting on low energy neutron, and lithium-7 on the high energy.  Natural lithium is a mixture of 6-7,5% isotope, 7-92,5%.

Neuklosynteza.jpg

Edited by Marcin7667

The main reaction is the collision of deuterium with tritium.At first, this reaction must take place in order to be able to generate tritium from lithium to the reaction.

{D + D = T + H /50% | D + T = 4/2He + n(hight) | n(hight) + li-7 = T + 4/2He + n} 

{D + D = n(low) + 3/2Hen 50% | n(low) + li-6 = T + 4/2He} 

15 hours ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:
15 hours ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

I'm pretty sure Lithium 8 isn't a thing tho.

Lithium - 8 does not occur naturally. Sorry for these two answers. I write on phone.

6 hours ago, thebloxxer11 said:

The Fusion reactor needs is own post.

We need is a Tier-4 slot.  It isn't too big, look at the search engine, write keywords "fusor reactor" and open graphics.  Most are homemade or test ones.🤨