All4Games

Make Items deteriorate in order to use Bytes

Posted (edited)

Researching items and exploring to gain bytes is fun. But what happens when a user buys everything that Astroneer has?
Gaining bytes no longer seems fun πŸ˜’πŸ˜žπŸ˜Ÿ

I think to make it worthwhile and to keep the game enjoyable, items should deteriorate or damage (from a storm, from higher drops, and from use). User can repair items or repurchase them.

Also, another thing that could be done is to make it so the user has to, perhaps, spend bytes build things with the printer.

These are my thoughts. More to come! Made a huge list of (50+) ideas and suggestions as I am playing the game that I will post on this forum soon πŸ‘.

Edited by All4Games

1 hour ago, All4Games said:

Also, another thing that could be done is to make it so the user has to, perhaps, spend bytes build things with the printer.

This would be plain annoying...especially early game...although I am one for more reasons to have bytes. If I got my way, I would pretty much double all byte costs, make Research Samples slightly less common, and make Exo Dynamics Research Aids triple inΒ value. Your suggestion here sounds like a possibility for hardcore mode...if that ever comes.

Β 

2 hours ago, All4Games said:

I think to make it worthwhile and to keep the game enjoyable, items should deteriorate or damage (from a storm, from higher drops, and from use). User can repair items or repurchase them.

I am all for this! I would though like you to note that this topic has, on many occasions, been mentioned and discussed before and that I believe that many of your ideas will have the same problem. AANNYYWWAAYY, we NEEEEED more augments...mods...whatever you call them for the Terrain Tool. The "Repair Mod" could be one of those...with the capabilities of repairing any debris created in any manner provided power along with half...or something like half...the required recipe.

Β 

2 hours ago, All4Games said:

These are mο»Ώy thoughts. More to come! Made a huge list of (50+) ideas and suggestions as I am playing the game that I will post on this forum soon πŸ‘.

AWESOME!Β THIS SHOULD BE FUN!

I agree that bytes get useless after mid to late game. I have two medium silos full of packed up research items but i dont even need to research them since i unlocked pretty much everyting. It is a good idea to make them required in printing but maybe exclusive to more advanced items like rovers shelters or shuttles. Maybe we could also use them in trading off world resources alongside scrap. One piece of hematite could cost 1 scrap and 50 bytes maybe? We could also use them in the chemistry lab as synthesizing two materials would require some computer power. Hunting for research items is pretty fun, I built a research rover which was a good pass time but now i have no use for it :/