Flyingcrowbar

100% Steam achievements thread

Folks:

Yesterday I was able to complete 100% of the achievements listed on Steam for Astroneer. I had been chasing the "Get to the Center of The Thing" achievement for a while and it finally happened along with the achievement for completing all of the other achievements. There is so much game play still available in this title that I don't feel at all like I have completed the game. So I guess it's achievements done and on to more discoveries and exploration. BTW, who else has completed the achievements list? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

BTW, who else has completed the achievements list? 

Me did! Me did! 

I saved doing the tutorial as my last achievement completed 

Next on your list of achievements:
1,000,000 bytes
1,000 diamonds
100 leopard, zebra or chess marbles

You have your orders. Good luck Astroneer! 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

I've also unlocked all achievements.  However, I still have a LOT of my own achievements I want to accomplish (not asking for these in-game, just doing them.  I'm not sure there is any way for the game to recognize these as accomplished).

"A Road To Nowhere"  A trans-planetary highway.  A highway built ram-rod straight that follows the equator of Sylva and paved with asphalt (black terrain).  I'm 3/4 around the planet at this moment.  Tunneling through mountains and bridging over ravines.  (I'm also creating a network of roads to connect my various bases on Sylva).  NOTE: I also use the mid-brown terrain paint to create dirt roads that lead out to large deposits, but without tethers.

"Habitats for Astroneers"  A habitat, RTG, and landing pad on each planet and moon. (DONE)

"Collector of the Things"  Have at least one of each resource (raw, smelted, or processed), zebra ball, and triptych.

"Academic"  Have at least one of each large research.  (Did this in ALPHA, not so sure I want to do it again).

"Scrap Dog"  Have at least one of each spacecraft wreck (vessels and satellites).

And others.

Kuros Paladin, Those are some lofty goals you have there. I though laying out tether lines completely circling the planet at the equator (connecting those gateways), and in a North-South direction from my base was ambitious, but that road sounds like a Herculean task. I am half way to a million bytes of research and am also shooting for a million. I like your idea of a "Space Junk Museum". Do you drag the stuff back to be on display near your base? Have fun and keep exploring. You never know what you might find at the bottom of a deep dark cave.  

On 6/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, Flyingcrowbar said:

Kuros Paladin, Those are some lofty goals you have there. I though laying out tether lines completely circling the planet at the equator (connecting those gateways), and in a North-South direction from my base was ambitious, but that road sounds like a Herculean task. I am half way to a million bytes of research and am also shooting for a million. I like your idea of a "Space Junk Museum". Do you drag the stuff back to be on display near your base? Have fun and keep exploring. You never know what you might find at the bottom of a deep dark cave.  

Yeah.  I have a "little" museum of wrecks.  However, once in a while one decides to fly off into orbit on its own when I load the save game....  I miss the Hubble, Kepler, Mariner 10, New Horizons, Sputnik and Voyager wrecks.

The road is nearly complete.  I can see the endpoint gateway chamber's beacon on the horizon, but I have a mountain to tunnel through before I get to it.  It is not a quick process.  It also doesn't really provide any value aside from if I do get lost, I just have to find that road and that will get me back home.

Being able to wander around my planets and not worry about being lost was my main reason for the tether lines. They divide the planet into 4 sections and make it very easy to find the way back home. I am also getting familiar with various landmarks and bits of space junk on the different planets. I have tether lines on all planets but am most familiar with Sylva since I've spent more time there than anywhere else.