GeneralMayonaise

What Gaming News Outlets Don't Know About Astroneer

I have spent some time looking at news and review articles for Astroneer. After searching a number of articles, I have found one that has any mention of issues the game has and those mentioned are minimal at best. The second I found is about concerning EULA contents. The third is an interview where co-founder Brendan Wilson talks about the game and communication with the community.

It would seem that no one outside of the forum has any idea what is truly going on with the game. I know that there are some players who do not experience the same issues as myself and others. The fact is, if you choose to read the articles below, most articles I have read say the game is in near-perfect working order. There are no consistent CTD problems. The game does not more often than not freeze the entire system, requiring a hard reset. SES is in regular communication with the community and works with said community to patch and fix issues. I beg to differ.

My proposal is this: I would like to try to contact one the many gaming news outlets and give them the true story on what the game is really like (for some of us). I am hoping that this may give SES the incentive to live up to what they have said in interviews, as well as what they have said in the forums. If any like-minded forum members would like to contribute to this, you are more than welcome. Listed below are the articles I mentioned above.

Astroneer Review: Enjoyable Gameplay Marred By Techincal Issues

Astroneer Answers Questions About EULA To Steal User Data

Gamasutra - What Astroneer's devs learned while leaving Early Access

no i think that would go to far in my choice, as much as i want things to change it is still my choice to come here still with knowning they dont read here, cuz i have some hope, it is also my choice to keep playing the game with its flaws, if they choice to lie or misslead that would be on them, not my concern or issue. i do agree with you on your other idea on emailing ses and brining some attention that way, but in my mind i think going outside to gaming outlets is just too much.  just my two cents

Posted (edited)

I appreciate your comment and opinion, you could be right. It's an idea I had last night and figured it would be good to get the community's opinion.

Edited by GeneralMayonaise

I'm not 100% sure that game company marketing teams are not writing these *articles*
I watched a video interview with Joe and the interviewer was woefully uninformed. He then went to the next booth and asked the same exact same questions of that game! 🚬

They do no homework. They don't read a single post. They apparently just take the company's line as truth. I think they (the gaming industry and *game reporting*) are often one in the same. Follow the money there be money swapping hands between the two that's fer sure!

I was thinking the same thing. There's almost no way the game can get the reviews it does if there is money being exchanged. Unless on the very far off chance there was a bug free version that was released to YouTubers and reviewers. I'm really not trying to sound like it's a conspiracy, because I don't think it is. I do think you may have hit the nail on the head though @The Touch of Grey Gamer. I appreciate your opinion and taking the time to post.