Astroneer Tips

A man-less shuttle is permanently flying around Silva

Posted (edited)

I once played with a friend and left the game while in orbit in one of his shuttles. As a result, the shuttle stayed there flying around Silva.
It's been a while, maybe 3 months. But yesterday we were coming back to Silva and while in orbit waiting to see the landing bubble that man-less shuttle passed me by so fast, it startled me! So we thought, what if we come close enough to board it?
So yesterday we made a very tall ramp attempting to get on board that shuttle. Here are the resulting screenshots.
I know the shuttle looks as if it is flying backwards. It was. We noticed that we were not seen the shuttle at the same time. My friend (the host) was able to see the shuttle first, then after it was gone, I would start seeing it.

Unfortunately, after many attempts, we confirmed that it was not possible :(

But the whole experience proved to be worth trying.
I guess this bug has been fixed already, because I tried with a small shuttle and a large one (leaving the game while in orbit). But when I was back in the game the shuttle was no longer in orbit: it was on its landing pad.
However, I tried it solo. I wonder if it could still work when in multiplayer (which is how it happened on the first place).

A.T. 

20190517212558_1.jpg

20190517212600_1.jpg

20190517212601_1.jpg

20190517212602_1.jpg

Edited by Astroneer Tips

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

You sir are awesome sauce! Too cool! Thanks for sharing

LOL
Thank you :)

I should try to get a screenshot looking down to the habitat from the top of the ramp.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I didn't know that the Shuttle even exists until it lands but THIS is just another reason to love Astroneer.