Sign in to follow this  
tesimo

possible fix for crashing

i've been struggling to get this game to work since 0.10.5(i think). game would crash during loading or game play, and with every update it got worse. 

SYSTEM SPECS:

Win 10 ver 1809

Intel i-9700k @ 5 Ghz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

G.Skill Ripjaws ddr4 64GB

Installed on Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB(w/ latest firmware)

my system should be able the handle this game. ya think?

what i did was this

C:\Users\$3000PC\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

look for FrameRateLimit=0.000000

i changed it to 60.000000 just to see what would happen. the game booted up at 32 FPS(its always done this for me), load screen was somewhere around 350 - 400 FPS(shit it didn't work), game loads i do nothing for 5 min(game has usually crashed by now) FPS maxed out at 61 FPS. So i play for 4.5 hours, longest i've been able to play in a long time. the game did crash, looking at the crash report its got something to do with the tether network. but im just happy i got to play for 4.5 hours. i hope this helps. latest crash report attached

9ce69968-371c-43e9-b127-f869ec242460.zip

Posted (edited)

Trying this now and I'll get back to you.

Edited by mystikro

Tested, tried the tutorial, crashed 1 minute in, this fix is not working.

I haven't had much chance to fiddle around with it, but I was thinking about trying out the -force-opengl or -force-d3d parameters to see if that would help at all. If you look in the game's folder, it has both D3d and OpenGL folders. The only reason I mention the parameters is when I played KSP (past-tense, waiting for money to get a better rig) I used the -opengl parameter to help with RAM usage. It did help somewhat but I don't know if anything but the devs can save Astroneer.

ole form system era contacted me after submitting multiple crash reports(i included what i did to  the ini file) and told me that it looks like a bad gpu and/or driver.  im on the latest driver(430.86) so i uninstalled and reinstalled, still cant get more then 5 min of game play. so either i got a bad gpu or astroneer is not optimized for oc cards