MistMTL

Trains and tracks

I have a super great concept for transport for when servers come out. It's a train. It's like the large rover but larger but it goes on tracks that can be elevated or underground.

Crafted in XL printer.

Requires 4 steel and 1 nanocarbonalloy for a train.

5 steel for a high elevated track.

4 steel for a medium elevated track.

3 steel and 1 iron for a low elevated track.

2 iron and 2 steel for a ground level track.

All tracks are made in a large printer except for the high elevated track which is made in the XL printer. 

The Station track is made with 4 steel and 1 nanocarbonalloy.

Train=12,500 bytes

HT= 10,000 bytes

MT=8,000 bytes

LT=5,000 bytes

GT=2,500 bytes.

ST=5,000 bytes.

This is a really great idea for servers in my opinion but it might need some adding and polishing as i just came up with this idea.

This is actually a really good idea. I would imagine you would set up the tracks like you set up platforms, where they can connect to each other and will be locked in place when connected. With train itself, I feel like it should be 3 steel, 1 rubber, and 1 nanocarbon instead.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Spacebyrd said:

This is actually a really good idea. I would imagine you would set up the tracks like you set up platforms, where they can connect to each other and will be locked in place when connected. With train itself, I feel like it should be 3 steel, 1 rubber, and 1 nanocarbon instead.

I think about the tracks connecting in the same way as conveyors in satisfactory. And the tracks work in a way where they'll always point staright up relative to the polygon it's staning on

Edited by MistMTL

Why is a train made with nanocarbon alloy? It should be steel or smth. Good idea in part, but how do you make tracks? How do you make bends? How long are tracks then? Will you always be travelling the same path to justify the effort of setting up the tracks?

A train would make sense if used like a mining cart that goes underground... But I don't think it's not going to be boring building the tracks. And how often will you use it to justify the effort?

39 minutes ago, mystikro said:

Why is a train made with nanocarbon alloy? It should be steel or smth. Good idea in part, but how do you make tracks? How do you make bends? How long are tracks then? Will you always be travelling the same path to justify the effort of setting up the tracks?

A train would make sense if used like a mining cart that goes underground... But I don't think it's not going to be boring building the tracks. And how often will you use it to justify the effort?

I talked about this same thing in the astroneer discord