Spacebyrd

How to find old-timer Astroneers.

• If they call all the planets by their pre-release names
  • If they use the "Retro" Suit
  • If they try driving rovers into caves.
  • If they go to Barren Desolo to get aluminum and copper, just to find that they aren't the main ores
  • If they keep telling you about "the good ol' times."

Would love to see other ideas!  

They are complaining about legacy bugs.......still
They wish all the technology used was set in the proper time period (500 years into the future)
They wish that proper personal lighting was modernized not the fluorescent bulbs were using now
They would love to have the ability to control day/night
They wish devs would come to this site, their own forum, at least once a year?
They wish there was a reason to use the splitter as designed

7 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

They are complaining about legacy bugs.......still
They wish all the technology used was set in the proper time period (500 years into the future)
They wish that proper personal lighting was modernized not the fluorescent bulbs were using now
They would love to have the ability to control day/night
They wish devs would come to this site, their own forum, at least once a year?
They wish there was a reason to use the splitter as designed

i agree with this mostly lol, same with my brother, been playing this game for a super long time now. the only thing i dont care to much is controling day/night, im fine with it. but everything else.  i am also glad weather and the rocks arnt as bad as EA was. was bad at one point.

If they tell you how awesome it was when we had storms.

When they tell you Barren was the best place to build a base because of no storms.

Actually I do miss driving into caves and building my bases there.

2 hours ago, Wary Explorer said:

Did you see that soon we will be able to (with a vehicle) lay roads? The mechanism to dig soil or lay roads appears to still be that absolutely terrible red-line gauge thingy we have now however we will soon have the ability to place roads which could help greatly in cave base creation. 

I would remind people of the old days when Exotic had forests so thick you couldn't drive anywhere and I challenged people to build a base with nothing but resources dropped from what are now research pods...……..

4 hours ago, KeeblerOrc said:

I would remind people of the old days when Exotic had forests so thick you couldn't drive anywhere and I challenged people to build a base with nothing but resources dropped from what are now research pods...……..

WOW! Long Long Long time no see! Nice to see you my friend! I hope all is well with you and yours.
Now if we could only get a Martin sighting! 

@Martin!!!!

if they dig up a gasser and expect it to have 2 cousins

if they call the Daggeroot the Spiker and the Popcoral the Exploder...or Popcorn like I do

if they won't stop looking for wolframite on Tundra....................Glacio

if they get in their Shelter when they go away (and you should know why)

if they actually build storage for their resources (and you should know why)

and the greatest thing of all...

if they keep talking about how great true flat was!

On 5/21/2019 at 8:06 AM, Wary Explorer said:

If they tell you how awesome it was when we had storms.

When they tell you Barren was the best place to build a base because of no storms.

the good old days...the good old days 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, Spacebyrd said:

If they try driving rovers into caves.

Why this?

1 hour ago, G-Forces said:

Why this?

Because cave back in the day were suitable to be driven in, with anything, including the Large rover. They were much more spacious and had much less in the way of obstacles. 

1 hour ago, Spacebyrd said:

Because cave back in the day were suitable to be driven in, with anything, including the Large rover. They were much more spacious and had much less in the way of obstacles. 

Ah.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:34 PM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

if they keep talking about how great true flat was!

ooooo, this! I cannot build anymore, voxels never behaving like I want them to and now it's more like modeling than a building. Maybe we can have some building elements like columns, walls, corners, blocks... etc? Or something a la EQ Landmark?

Yeah, I miss those enormous underground caverns from EA. Maybe the devs will give us some retro planets with storms and giant caverns in some of those new solar systems that may be coming down the pike. I really don't miss those wind storms, but as "something new to deal with" for all the people who didn't experience EA it would be an interesting addition. And I would always enter the hab, get into a vehicle/spacecraft, or dig a hole near the tether line to hide in when I went AFK during EA on any planet but Barren. Otherwise, you would always have a dead Astroneer when you came back because of the "cardboard boxes from Hell" that were blown along by the storms.

6 hours ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

Yeah, I miss those enormous underground caverns from EA. Maybe the devs will give us some retro planets with storms and giant caverns in some of those new solar systems that may be coming down the pike. I really don't miss those wind storms, but as "something new to deal with" for all the people who didn't experience EA it would be an interesting addition. And I would always enter the hab, get into a vehicle/spacecraft, or dig a hole near the tether line to hide in when I went AFK during EA on any planet but Barren. Otherwise, you would always have a dead Astroneer when you came back because of the "cardboard boxes from Hell" that were blown along by the storms.

I only ever got hit. once by flying debris in a storm and certainly never got killed by it.

Sounds like you are very lucky. My luck generally runs like "If it was raining soup outside, my  bowl would be laying upside down" Hahahaha. I was in a cave during a storm once and a CBBFH ricocheted off something and killed my Astroneer where he stood. Thought I was safe, but I was wrong, time to do the corpse run again.